When turning on the DJI Pocket 3
308 16 3-12 01:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me with regards to my Pocket 3. I’ve watched a ton of videos about it and I’ve noticed something with everyone else’s camera that is different compared to mine when it is turned on by flipping the screen.

In the videos I’ve watched, when they flip the screen (to turn the camera on) it instantly goes to the screen where you can immediately start recording. On my Pocket 3, when I flip the screen (to turn the camera on), it goes to a black screen with the DJI logo on it for a second or two before I’m able to start recording. Why is that? Is there a setting that I’ve missed that I need to turn on?

Thanks!
3-12 01:41
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360115 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi

The DJI Logo on startup is normal. I have it too. It is the "boot sequence" of approx 3 seconds. Maybe they cut out a bit of the videos to shorten them ;-)
3-12 01:49
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KlimaPic Posted at 3-12 01:49
Hi

The DJI Logo on startup is normal. I have it too. It is the "boot sequence" of approx 3 seconds. Maybe they cut out a bit of the videos to shorten them ;-)

They don’t cut it out from what I’ve seen. You can see the camera turned off and they flip the screen and it turns on without the DJI logo popping up
3-12 02:49
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KlimaPic Posted at 3-12 01:49
Hi

You can see what I’m talking about in this video here - https://youtu.be/lFKqvvQBZ9g?si=2ExHeWw8B6scZ0-X
3-12 02:50
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there!During the startup process, it is normal for the device to briefly display a logo. Thank you very much for your understanding and for using our product!
3-12 03:09
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-12 03:09
Hi there!During the startup process, it is normal for the device to briefly display a logo. Thank you very much for your understanding and for using our product!

When you say ‘startup’ do you mean the first time? Or every time the camera is turned on?

Thanks!
3-12 03:20
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

fans0dac51ee Posted at 3-12 02:50
You can see what I’m talking about in this video here - https://youtu.be/lFKqvvQBZ9g?si=2ExHeWw8B6scZ0-X

Can you tell me a timecode, where you see it in the video?
3-12 03:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlimaPic Posted at 3-12 03:21
Can you tell me a timecode, where you see it in the video?

Go  to 4:41 it pertains seems like it does skip the DJI logo.
3-12 05:09
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 05:09
Go  to 4:41 it pertains seems like it does skip the DJI logo.

Ok, right. That is not the normal behavior. However, it takes about 2-3 seconds to "boot" with that logo. Maybe an older firmware had it like this.

In the end the Pocket 3 boots absolutly fast for the amount of features ;-)
3-12 10:04
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

If haven't used P3 for a while it goes for deeper sleep. Then it will show the logo. If you started Pocket 3 and then close it and if you start it after short time again it goes straight to the screen and is ready without showing any logos.

It is not "happens always". It depends how you use it.
3-12 10:11
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aavis Posted at 3-12 10:11
If haven't used P3 for a while it goes for deeper sleep. Then it will show the logo. If you started Pocket 3 and then close it and if you start it after short time again it goes straight to the screen and is ready without showing any logos.

It is not "happens always". It depends how you use it.

This makes perfect sense. Thanks for the replies from everyone btw.

It’s not really an issue, but I was more curious (and slightly confused lol) more than anything else!
3-12 10:40
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans0dac51ee Posted at 3-12 03:20
When you say ‘startup’ do you mean the first time? Or every time the camera is turned on?

Thanks!

Hi there! Please allow me to clarify your confusion: The Osmo Pocket 3 is designed to ensure a quick start-up for capturing moments in a short amount of time. After the initial shutdown, it enters sleep mode to enhance the speed of powering on. During this sleep mode, the device starts up quickly without displaying the DJI Logo and directly enters the recording interface. However, when exiting sleep mode and experiencing a complete power-off, the start-up speed will be slower as it displays the DJI Logo before entering the recording interface.
Thank you
3-12 18:24
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-12 18:24
Hi there! Please allow me to clarify your confusion: The Osmo Pocket 3 is designed to ensure a quick start-up for capturing moments in a short amount of time. After the initial shutdown, it enters sleep mode to enhance the speed of powering on. During this sleep mode, the device starts up quickly without displaying the DJI Logo and directly enters the recording interface. However, when exiting sleep mode and experiencing a complete power-off, the start-up speed will be slower as it displays the DJI Logo before entering the recording interface.
Thank you

Well, and how do I access ether of these modes? Even when I just turn the screen to switch off and ASAP rotate it back to turn on I see the logo.

Is there a setting?
3-12 21:26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KlimaPic Posted at 3-12 21:26
Well, and how do I access ether of these modes? Even when I just turn the screen to switch off and ASAP rotate it back to turn on I see the logo.

Is there a setting?

Thank you for your patience.
Osmo Pocket 3 enters the hibernation mode after its initial shutdown. This ensures quick startup, allowing for immediate shooting.
When woken from hibernation, Osmo Pocket 3 directly enters the camera view without showing the DJI logo.
When the hibernation period ends and the camera is completely powered off, the restart will become slower, and the DJI logo will appear before the camera view is displayed.

How to bypass the hibernation and completely power off the device:
Press and hold the Shutter/Record Button for 10 seconds while the device is powered on and in vertical shooting mode.
Note: During the long press, an electrical sound will be heard, indicating that the axis lock of the gimbal is completely powered off.

However, if you wish to keep the sleep mode on continuously (without displaying the DJI logo upon startup), we currently do not have an option for this setting.

Thank you for your understanding
3-12 22:46
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-12 22:46
Thank you for your patience.
Osmo Pocket 3 enters the hibernation mode after its initial shutdown. This ensures quick startup, allowing for immediate shooting.
When woken from hibernation, Osmo Pocket 3 directly enters the camera view without showing the DJI logo.

Hi Natalia
Sorry, but my newest FW did not act like you said. But by testing I got it working now.

To get it, it seems to need a Power reset after FW Upgrade. So I did a long power press until this sound/klick sort of info ;-) came and then i started with the power button first.

NOW I have ASAP screen, without DJI Logo, until I access again the Power-Save-Mode with long power press.
Short press or display turn niw always go strait into monitor without DJI logo.

@fans0dac51ee You shoud give that a try
3-12 23:13
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

fans0dac51ee Posted at 3-12 10:40
This makes perfect sense. Thanks for the replies from everyone btw.

It’s not really an issue, but I was more curious (and slightly confused lol) more than anything else!

Hi
See my comment in #15 I found out how to get it on latest FW :-)
3-12 23:28
Use props
fans0dac51ee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KlimaPic Posted at 3-12 23:28
Hi
See my comment in #15 I found out how to get it on latest FW :-)

I just see it. Thanks for the reply. I’ll give it a try.
3-13 08:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules