DJI OSMO ACTION 4 Foggy ? Top Left Video To All Left Side
414 21 3-12 03:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Putraforsaken
lvl.1

Indonesia

Dear DJI i have a problem the video that use with dji action 4 have foogy ?( i dont know what to called it ) on top left. at first i thought it was sun light but this time it was cloudy weather.  and it happen before but i didint think it too much. the setting i used all auto 1080p 60 fps. and i just bought it around almost 2 month ago.

all video just 1 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B09KFgCakVI
the first minute of video there was no foggy
1st minute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfGJ2DZIv0
the second video it quite visible
around minute 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnP40fkT48s
the third video its very visible
around minute 31

the total minute video around 50 minute. and around 10 minute its starting visible. the second video is at minute 14. i never use it on water or get soaked in rain. because i was video it in moto vlog.

please help what should i do ?

3-12 03:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Putraforsaken. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are using any accessories like a lens hood or nd filter while shooting the video?
3-12 04:10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

3-12 04:21
Use props
Putraforsaken
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 04:10
Hi, Putraforsaken. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are using any accessories like a lens hood or nd filter while shooting the video?

no sir nothing. just the Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame. and mounting it on helmet.
3-12 05:00
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Did it come suddenly or did it become more and more over time?
Think maybe it could be dew when you breathe that got on the glass?
You could try checking the glasses, and test filming with the camera if it happens several times.
3-12 07:30
Use props
Putraforsaken
lvl.1

Indonesia

johansenfoto Posted at 3-12 07:30
Did it come suddenly or did it become more and more over time?
Think maybe it could be dew when you breathe that got on the glass?
You could try checking the glasses, and test filming with the camera if it happens several times.

hello sir thank for the question
it came suddenly. at minute 10+ it started show up
i doubt it dew sir. it was at 14.00 and i live in indonesia the average temprature 30-33 celcius.
and it happen before too. i see it at end the video i thought it was sun light. so i not think about it. this is the first time i take long video. usualy just take 5-10 minute video because i still testing.
the glasses is still clean no crack or anything. if there a crack why it would happen at minute 10 not first minute ?.

this is more clearer the "fog"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvgoTHDO7vo
minute 36 ( 3 minute video )

thank you very much
3-12 08:27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

3-12 13:48
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

It actually looks like a hair, it have hard edge sometimes.

Try take off the front lens and record some videos without it on just in garden or something to see if it will appear
3-12 13:48
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

On this last video, as you move around it looks like a circular phenomena of some sort. This reminds me when I purchased a set of bad quality ND filters and it produced a horrible internal or some sort of reflection towards the light. Obviously yours is not quite like this.

Where is the camera mounted? On the helmet? Chin? Chest? I'd say try to reproduce it by walking around for awhile and wearing the camera the same way (eg if it's attached to the helmet, walk around in the helmet) and see if it comes back.

Since it looks somewhat circular (although it's not visible at the bottom) I was thinking maybe it's some sort of reflection produced somehow by the glass of your speedometer glass - since that is round, too. But you said it doesn't happen all the time so maybe that's not it.

Is there a lot of humidity? Does the protective glass screwed on firmly?
3-12 13:57
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Also, try mounting the camera differently (eg if it's chin mounted, try chest mount or neck mount; if it's neck mounted try mounting on the handlebar, etc, etc) to see if you have the same issue.

I found some articles regarding fogging. I understand these articles are for your glasses that you wear under your helmet. But maybe your camera is being affected by something similar? Humid conditions and the lens is not tight enough?

https://fortnine.ca/en/motorcycl ... and-how-to-avoid-it

https://leatherfacegear.com/blog ... -glasses-fogging-up

https://www.cycleworld.com/keepi ... riding-motorcycles/
3-12 14:20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Our cameras come wit ha sticker on the lens, if you taken that off, did you clean it,  I now see  the video  as   we all may accedentally smudge  the lens.  If you do take off the lens protector do not touch with the finger the actual lens be carefuly.    if you get a clear shot without the lens protector that is hte culprit.  do not ride wit out it as dust can get on the lens
3-12 15:18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Good suggestions here Osmo and Fish.

Had me thinking, I once had to clean my lens with alcohol to get rid of some marks and those also gave some kind of blur on the footage before I cleaned it.
3-12 15:49
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you betcha @Johansefoto, even a  micro fiber cloth , even use  the  eye glass wipes, or those cheap gorilla glass kits  no, 2 wipe  I use the highest volume if asked, the alcohol.   it evaporates quickly
3-12 16:10
Use props
Putraforsaken
lvl.1

Indonesia

osmonauta Posted at 3-12 13:57
On this last video, as you move around it looks like a circular phenomena of some sort. This reminds me when I purchased a set of bad quality ND filters and it produced a horrible internal or some sort of reflection towards the light. Obviously yours is not quite like this.

[view_image]

hello sir thanks for the advice.

this video that i take last week the setting 1080 30 fps all automatic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHS1_ept1c

this video almost 40 minutes. at first 10 there nothing but after that u can see the fog on top left a little bit
at 11 more and at minute 22 its clear something was there but i dont know what it is. i though it was normal sunlight.

and yesterday i took long duration video, the same thing happen. and it was so bad it unusable because its so clear to see from the video i uploaded yesterday.

and thank you everyone for the advice. and yes it was mounting in chin helmet. i never open the front the protective glass.
3-13 01:13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Putraforsaken Posted at 3-13 01:13
hello sir thanks for the advice.

this video that i take last week the setting 1080 30 fps all automatic

Can you post the newest video where it also happen?
The reason is so we can judge it also and see what can be the cause

Btw if you click Advanced and choose URL and post the link there, it will show up as video here.

Edit:

I checked your video and it appear on top around 8:10 with a little damp, and it almost looks like it come and go, so for me it looks like your breathing fogging it up at that point.
When driving the lens getting cooled down so the damp would dissapear between every breathing. But I could be wrong on this.

Would like to see a 10 min video with dark background only, like just leave it shooting on a tripod or something.

3-13 01:55
Use props
Putraforsaken
lvl.1

Indonesia

johansenfoto Posted at 3-13 01:55
Can you post the newest video where it also happen?
The reason is so we can judge it also and see what can be the cause

this is yesterday video footage. at first it was nothing then at minute 4 15 u start notice it and then 7 30 very visible

thank you very much
3-13 04:06
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Putraforsaken Posted at 3-13 04:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPNaZ1L8MQQ
this is yesterday video footage. at first it was nothing then at minute 4 15 u start notice it and then 7 30 very visible

Yes I can clearly see it starts to get foggy and I would think it have something to do with external combined with maybe the camera getting warmer.
Not sure how warm it was there while driving, but again you are driving and that cool down the front glass a lot and with the warm from inside it can be damp building up (just guessing).

Again you should try shooting while not driving for like 10 minutes atleast and have the camera still or little movement so we can see against the shadow.

My guess is that the front glass is not clean, could be grease or something from fingers or dirty cloth.
3-13 04:27
Use props
Putraforsaken
lvl.1

Indonesia

johansenfoto Posted at 3-13 04:27
Yes I can clearly see it starts to get foggy and I would think it have something to do with external combined with maybe the camera getting warmer.
Not sure how warm it was there while driving, but again you are driving and that cool down the front glass a lot and with the warm from inside it can be damp building up (just guessing).

hello sir thank your for explanation and guide

i dont know how to explain it in english, and if this really a fog why just from top left side not right or bottom. doesnt make sense to me. and is this camera so brittle ? i not even use it at heavy situation like cold time like winter or hot time like summer. i used it in very cloudy day so the wather not too hot.

and i never open the front protective lens until now.  and if this the front glass is not clean, could be grease or something from fingers or dirty cloth. if so easy got foggy because of that i dont know how manny ppl already complain about the camera. i am sorry sir i am really frustated. should i bring this back to official store to repair it ? will they accept the problem ?

3-13 05:36
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Putraforsaken Posted at 3-13 05:36
hello sir thank your for explanation and guide

i dont know how to explain it in english, and if this really a fog why just from top left side not right or bottom. doesnt make sense to me. and is this camera so brittle ? i not even use it at heavy situation like cold time like winter or hot time like summer. i used it in very cloudy day so the wather not too hot.

First off, wait for DJI's reply here about the issue and what they think/found out.
But it is not broken as I can see it, but we need to try to figure out what can be the problem here. And DJI will ask you to provide videos like we have done here. So they have some more videos to watch and finding out what could be the issue.
You are the first that I have seen with this issue, and cloudy weather there is colder than a sunny day but I don't know how much colder that it could make your breathing damp fog the lens or not.
I know Indonesia have a really warm climate, but probably also really wet air I will think?

So I will suggest to try record that video I suggested, around 10 min in shadow with camera still. And then we can go from there
3-13 06:15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Agree but the video  should  be a direct download for them about 15 seconds tops and they will  figure something out.
3-13 08:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Putraforsaken Posted at 3-12 05:00
no sir nothing. just the Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame. and mounting it on helmet.

Thank you for the reply, Putraforsaken. Can you please upload the videos to a shareable link for us to further check? Also, please share with us the camera parameters. We will wait for your reply.
3-17 17:57
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Seems like you have similar issue as this guy did:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285188
3-17 18:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules