How to delete content of built in SD card using Mac
301 7 3-12 11:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amills1210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59760 ft

United States

Hi Everyone. I have a macbook and generally transfer photos/videos by connecting my avata directly to the mac vis USBC. When I connect it, I go to Finder > Internal Storage > then view my files. But it won't let me drag these files to the trash and now my SD card is completely fully. How can I delete these files using Mac? Thanks
3-12 11:39
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a mac and I don't use it for any microSD card functions except copy, move, paste, and delete.  As with any microSD card, the format function is generally used to clear everything off the card and basically start over.  However, I would never format a microSD card on my mac that I intend to use primarily in the drone.  Instead use, the format option in your drone and that will delete everything on your microSD card; do this after you have copied off and save everything you need because formatting or re-formatting is technically irreversible.

For the record, you will be able to delete the files off the Mac or the drone once you disconnect your drone from the mac computer.  My answer is based on the assumption that "Internal Storage" is actually the microSD card inserted in your Avata.
3-12 14:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there!
This issue may arise due to file permissions or other system-related factors. You can attempt the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Verify lock status: Ensure that the file is not locked by right-clicking on it, selecting 'Get Info,' and checking if the 'Locked' option is enabled.
2. Utilize Disk Utility: Launch the 'Disk Utility' application, choose your SD card, and click on the 'Unmount' button. Once unmounted, click on 'Mount' again and then try deleting the file.
3. Enter safe mode: Restart your Mac and enter safe mode (hold down the Shift key during startup), then attempt to delete the file.
If none of these solutions prove effective, we recommend backing up all crucial data and attempting to format the SD card after ensuring that all important files have been securely backed up to another storage device.
Thank you
3-12 20:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

if you want to delete the files use option + command + backspace otherwise empty your recycle bin to force the files to be deleted.
3-13 01:49
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

I think you mean the built in storage on the Avata. When you drag to trash, you need to empty trash before you disconnect it from the mac.
3-13 04:04
Use props
amills1210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59760 ft

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-12 20:30
Hi there!
This issue may arise due to file permissions or other system-related factors. You can attempt the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Verify lock status: Ensure that the file is not locked by right-clicking on it, selecting 'Get Info,' and checking if the 'Locked' option is enabled.

The disk utility option worked! Although not the mount/unmount option but rather just clicking erase once I selected the drive. We're good to go...thanks!
3-13 06:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

amills1210 Posted at 3-13 06:34
The disk utility option worked! Although not the mount/unmount option but rather just clicking erase once I selected the drive. We're good to go...thanks!

No problem! It would be my honor to assist you。
3-14 17:36
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need to be very careful using SD Cards or any USB attached storage that will be later used in alternate devices to Apple devices on a MAC. Apple devices allow the recovery of deleted files on FAT file system It leaves them with an invisible file name starting  starting with an "~" This can be determined as a valid file on some non apple systems and can cause the corruption of the file system. The is an application for the Mac called "Eject for Windows" that will clean up the SDCard or USB drive from MAC unique data at the time it ejects.
3-15 10:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules