Can't fly Mini 2 because I'm not logged in to my account??
334 9 3-12 19:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
one2gr82c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 962087 ft
United States

I've just started having a consistent issue with trying to fly my drone.  I had not flown it in awhile and when I booted it all up and tried to take off I was greated with a warning in red saying, "Account not logged in."  When I select it I'm further told, "Account not logged in.  Flight and altitude and distance restricted to 30 m and 50 m.  Check and log in (Code:30000003).  So fine, I figure I need to update firmware and other "fly safe" stuff and grumble as I pack it all up.  (Because at this point I'm using an old cell phone to control the drone and it is NOT connected to a cellular network.)  ((And yes, I considered downloading the DJI Fly app to my actual cell phone but we were in a remote part of the island with NO cell phone service.))

After returning to our lodging, I connected my drone up and connected to wifi with my old phone and logged into my account, download the updates, installed them and thought I was good to go.  Boy was I WRONG!  We drove out on another adventure to a remote area, I pulled out my drone, went through all the set up steps and once again was met with the RED warning that my account was not logged in.  And once again, no cell service, so I couldn't use my other phone if I wanted to.  Now I'm really steamed and fit to be tied and all the other colorful words that describe someone not able to use a device they paid good money for in the location they want to use it.

Finally we get to a place with cell service and I download the Fly app on my cell phone, install, it blah, blah, blah.  I hook up to the drone and now I'm able to fly again but ONLY with the cell phone connected to the cellular network.  This is no longer about having the correct firmare or location data for avoiding restricted flight zones, this is SEEMS to be about data collection and RESTRICTION.  The places I love to fly my drone the most are the ones that are literally off the grid.  What good is a drone like this if you can only fly it when you can login to your account over wifi or cellular network??

I hope I'm wrong and that I can make some simple change and be able to once again fly using my disconnected phone in places where there isn't any cellular coverage.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
3-12 19:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. If you experienced this issue, we highly recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Re-login the DJI account in the  DJI Fly App.
2. Switch to another DJI account.
3. Re-install the DJI Fly App

To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. You can simply connect the device to the network> Re-login > disconnect the network and you can now fly the unit.

In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.

Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet
3-14 01:10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You mention, or seem to mention, several phones, which phone or phones was/were giving you the warning/s ?
I do not understand why you had to "download the Fly app on my cell phone", what screen device were you using to fly the drone ?
Alternatively, if you are using one of the controllers with a built in screen, why you did not just use the cell phone as a hotspot ?

Are you quite certain that you could only fly beyond the restriction zone that is enforced when the FLY App is logged out whilst the control app was connected to the internet ?
Whilst the automated log out is a much discussed problem, being unable to fly beyond that restriction zone UNLESS the FLY App  is connected to the interent is, as far as I know, 'new'.
3-14 02:00
Use props
one2gr82c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-14 01:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. If you experienced this issue, we highly recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Re-login the DJI account in the  DJI Fly App.

Thanks for the help.  However, as mentioned, the problem persisted even after login in and even after installing the Fly app fresh on a new device.
3-14 09:59
Use props
one2gr82c
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-14 02:00
You mention, or seem to mention, several phones, which phone or phones was/were giving you the warning/s ?
I do not understand why you had to "download the Fly app on my cell phone", what screen device were you using to fly the drone ?
Alternatively, if you are using one of the controllers with a built in screen, why you did not just use the cell phone as a hotspot ?

The brand of phone should not matter for the purposes of this question.  They are both Samsung, and the issue is not with my phone.  As stated in the post, though maybe not as clearly as I could have, I have been successfully using an old cell phone, with the Fly app installed, as my "screen" connected to the DJI remote control.  After having issues with the login request, I installed the app on my current cell phone, which is obviously connected to a cellular network, and logged in over the cell network, flew the drone and then packed it up.  The next day I tried using the drone again WITHOUT a cellular connection and the same error message popped up.  The conclusion I'm left with is that I can NOT fly my drone unless I have a cellular connection so I can login over the internet into my account while flying.
3-14 11:39
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

one2gr82c Posted at 3-14 11:39
The brand of phone should not matter for the purposes of this question.  They are both Samsung, and the issue is not with my phone.  As stated in the post, though maybe not as clearly as I could have, I have been successfully using an old cell phone, with the Fly app installed, as my "screen" connected to the DJI remote control.  After having issues with the login request, I installed the app on my current cell phone, which is obviously connected to a cellular network, and logged in over the cell network, flew the drone and then packed it up.  The next day I tried using the drone again WITHOUT a cellular connection and the same error message popped up.  The conclusion I'm left with is that I can NOT fly my drone unless I have a cellular connection so I can login over the internet into my account while flying.

I did not ask about the brand of phone, I was attempting to establish whether or not you were using a 'smart controller' of some sort.

"The conclusion I'm left with is that ....." I would say that your conclusion is incorrect.
None of my FLY App 'phones' have ever had a sim card in them.
When I have used a phone with a sim card in it , Go & Go4, cellular data has been switched off.

With regards to "...and logged in over the cell network, flew the drone and then packed it up.  The next day I tried using the drone again WITHOUT a cellular connection and the same error message popped up"  
If you used your 'drone phone' and had not logged into the FLY App on that 'phone' since it was logged out then it will remain logged out.
Logging in on one screen device logs-in ONLY that device, it does nothing to any other FLY App using screen devices.

Conversely, a MANUAL log out on FLY App using screen device IS COMMUNICATED to all you other FLY App using devices .... when they next connect to the internet and they too will be logged out as a consequence.
I think that that is a good thing.
I DO NOT know if an automated time-related log out on one FLY App using device is communicated to your other FLY App using devices.

3-14 12:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

one2gr82c Posted at 3-14 09:59
Thanks for the help.  However, as mentioned, the problem persisted even after login in and even after installing the Fly app fresh on a new device.

Thank you for your response. Could you please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive or Youtube so we can check it further? We will wait for your response.
3-16 03:19
Use props
one2gr82c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 03:19
Thank you for your response. Could you please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive or Youtube so we can check it further? We will wait for your response.

I'm not sure how a video will help.  The issue isn't with how the drone flies, it's with the limitaitons imposed by the app when I can't login.
3-19 13:13
Use props
one2gr82c
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-14 12:34
I did not ask about the brand of phone, I was attempting to establish whether or not you were using a 'smart controller' of some sort.

"The conclusion I'm left with is that ....." I would say that your conclusion is incorrect.

Clearly your experience has been different (using phones without sim cards).  I'm not contraticting your expeirence, just sharing mine and seeking a solution.

As for the app logging other devices out, that would make sense if there were multiple devices being used but up until this issue, I've used the SAME cellphone (without a sim card) as my screen connected to the remote for the last several years.  (First with the mini 1 and now most recently with the mini 2.)

I'm glad you haven't had the same issue as me, and I hope you don't.  It's very frustrating to say the least.
3-19 13:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your response. As you have mentioned you already logged in to the DJI Fly app and still the error "Account not logged in" persists, please provide us a short video recording or screen recording showing when you restart the app on your mobile device and then try to log in again, also record showing the error message after logging in. You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube as we need to coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification and we need the video of the issue to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
3-21 03:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules