LIGHTBRIDGE 2
1917 6 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Is the LightBridge2 an upgrade that can be added to the inspire 1. I apologize if this is a donut question but I just purchased my inspire 1 a few days ago and then therewas the new updated camera system and wasn't sure about LightBridge2. Thank you

2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

No it is not.  The LB2 is a stand alone solution for WKM, A2 etc.  
2015-9-11
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I apologize but being new to this I have no idea what LB2 and WKM and A2 means. I'll do some research. Thank you.
2015-9-12
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ibdronin Posted at 2015-9-12 09:18
I apologize but being new to this I have no idea what LB2 and WKM and A2 means. I'll do some researc ...

LB2 = Lightbridge 2.
WKM = Wookong=M.
A2 = A2

WKM and A2 are flight controllers for professional multirotor platforms. Lightbridge 2 is designed to add copter control and HD video downlink to custom built, high end muiltirotors.
2015-9-12
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

@Paul gotcha and this isn't something I would need. It rained here today and I still haven't been able to fly the inspire since I purchased a few days ago. I am going to start using the simulator for the next day.

Thanks again.
2015-9-12
Use props
rover1newton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41053 ft
United States

Just read that the LB2 is not compatible with the Inspire1. On the DJI website they have a FAQ's tab, the question was asked and the answer is NO- Inspire 1 is not compatible.  Well that just sealed the deal with me to never buy any more DJI products ever again. The Inspire was suppose to be a professional grade platform and has Lightbridge in it which should be expandable but obviously its not. The Lightbridge 2 can transmit 2 video signals at the same time which I know almost everyone that owns an inspire wishes they could have a pilot cam. Lightbridge 2 not compatible with their flagship inspire 1? I own a S1000, inspire 1, Phantom 2 vision plus V3, f550 and multiple NAZA v2 systems. After this "not compatible with inspire 1" BS, I vow to never buy another DJI product again. Thoroughly disgusted with DJI now......... Sorry for the rant but between the firmware issues DJI has and little to no support, there are new upcoming companies that are starting to listen to the community and deliver quality products along with stellar support.  Now if DJI comes out with a pilot camera option for the inspire or makes the Lightbridge 2 compatible then they might have just saved themselves. I have the Inspire with the dual remotes but its pointless to have 2 when you cant fly and run camera at the same time without fear of hitting something. I guess you can do it 1 time then send it in for 8 weeks to be repaired by DJI. DJI needs to read the posts written by the owners of their products and start delivering or they might flop just as fast as they grew.
2015-9-12
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

rover1newton@ao Posted at 2015-9-12 22:44
Just read that the LB2 is not compatible with the Inspire1. On the DJI website they have a FAQ's tab ...

I undersand and see where your frustration is coming from. I am a new inspire 1 owner and yet to take mine out of the box and set it up. I plan to do so tomorrow because the weather is suppose to be super nice.
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules