Remote ID with Mavic 2 Pro and the Original Smart Controller
686 3 3-13 14:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrpoulos
New

United States

Google hasn't been any help as the discussions get off topic quickly. I am using a Mavic 2 Pro and the original DJI smart Controller. I have updated to the latest firmware on everything. I do not see an RID in the "about" section on the controller. Furthermore, the FAA DroneZone registration says that my RID is invalid. I thought the firmware update was suppossed to take care of the RID requirements? Thank you.
3-13 14:10
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Gotta be outside with a GPS signal
3-13 19:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific firmware version are you currently using with your drone. Please note that you can check whether the RID functions properly by using the method below:

Turn on WLAN on any mobile phone. In the “Available networks” list, check whether a character string “RID-1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” is displayed, which always starts with “RID-”, followed by a 20-digit RID SN, as shown in the following figure. If this character string is displayed and the character string starts with 1581F and is the same as the RID SN, it indicates that the aircraft is broadcasting. You can try to turn WLAN on and off several times because it may take a bit longer for some mobile phones to scan (in general, it can be displayed in 5-10 seconds). This method is also helpful for checking an aircraft’s RID SN.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

3-14 00:31
Use props
1eyebandit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16 ft

United States

What version of the app are you using?
4-23 12:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules