Im tired of this MIC ADAPTER!!!!
507 17 3-13 15:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

I have always been using a Gopro 7 black with a mic adapter and it always worked like iot should with my purple panda in my motovlog setup.
Now i bought the Osmo action 4 with the mic adapter but this THING DOESNT WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to plug and unplug the mic like 20 times to make it work, after i charge the DJI and want to put it back on my helmet and connect with my mic i have to agian try to connect my microphone for 10 minutes agian just to hope that it works. Why can't it just work like it should? I should just connect it and the mic should work. Please DJI send me a fix. Or someone please help me with this mic adapter.
3-13 15:20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You didn't say which mic adapter you are using, but I guess it is the one DJI released a few month ago?
Boya BY-K4 here and never had any problems with connection.
3-13 16:26
Use props
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

johansenfoto Posted at 3-13 16:26
You didn't say which mic adapter you are using, but I guess it is the one DJI released a few month ago?
Boya BY-K4 here and never had any problems with connection.

Hi there i use the original DJI osmo 4 action Mic adapter for 50 Euro's from theyre website
3-13 16:28
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Which microphone is used, you need a TRS plug!
3-13 18:26
Use props
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

lutzmix Posted at 3-13 18:26
Which microphone is used, you need a TRS plug!

Hi there, ive got a Rode Trs plug, as i said this also always worked on my gopro but it doesnt on my DJI and i have to know why
3-13 19:55
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

try: first turn on camera second plug in the mic

Mic plug and locking screw doesn't fit!
or try the Belkin or Hama splitter

1-10sec extern mic OA4 10-20intern mic OA3
IMG_20240314_053657.jpg
3-13 20:24
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

No problems with mine (using it with a Rode Lav Go or Sony LV-1, mostly). Does sound like a connection incompatibility. Jack or adapter tolerances, etc. Try a different mic.
3-14 03:55
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

I tried to recreate your problem, but I couldn't find any combination that gave me the same problem.

I tested:
1. Charging the camera and then plugging in the adapter with the microphone already plugged in.
2. Charging the camera, plugging in the adapter and then plugging in the microphone.
3. Charging via the adapter with the microphone plugged in.
4. Charging via the adapter with the microphone unplugged, removing the charging cable and plugging in the microphone.
5. Charging and reading out data at the same time, then plugging the adapter back in with and without a microphone.
(Here the camera switches itself on again even though I switched it off after reading it out, and the time until the microphone was recognized was longer. Switching it on and off solves the problem.)
3-14 11:05
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with your Osmo Action 4 and the mic adapter. I understand that issues like this can be frustrating, but let's try to troubleshoot the problem together.

Firstly, make sure that the mic adapter is properly plugged into the Osmo Action 4's port. Sometimes a loose connection can cause intermittent problems with audio input. Double-check that the adapter is securely attached.

If the issue persists, it's worth verifying if the problem lies with the mic adapter or the microphone itself. You could try using the mic adapter with a different microphone to see if it works consistently. This will help identify if the adapter or the microphone is causing the trouble.

Additionally, check for any firmware updates for the Osmo Action 4. Updates are often released to address performance issues and improve compatibility with accessories. Updating the firmware may resolve the problem you're facing. If the issue persists, please let me know, and I'll find further solutions to the problem.
3-14 16:06
Use props
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 3-14 16:06
I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with your Osmo Action 4 and the mic adapter. I understand that issues like this can be frustrating, but let's try to troubleshoot the problem together.

Firstly, make sure that the mic adapter is properly plugged into the Osmo Action 4's port. Sometimes a loose connection can cause intermittent problems with audio input. Double-check that the adapter is securely attached.

After the most recent update the microphone finally works
3-17 12:18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Antwerps Finest Posted at 3-17 12:18
After the most recent update the microphone finally works

I'm glad to hear about your update. Thanks again for being patient.
3-17 15:27
Use props
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 3-17 15:27

Hi there, now the problem is is still doesnt connect my mic straight of the bat after charging up the cam, i have to restart the cam 2 times for the microphone to work, how can i fix this, why does this have so many problems with capturing my mic? i just want it to work decent how it should, its hard to restart my cam 2 times on my helmet every time
3-17 16:01
Use props
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 3-17 15:27

Hi i was totally wrong, just 1 day passed and i had the exact same problem as before, i dont know how hard it is for them to fix this, if this keeps going on im just gonna go back to gopro, i dont care about better graphics if the device does not function like it should
3-18 03:03
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Antwerps Finest Posted at 3-18 03:03
Hi i was totally wrong, just 1 day passed and i had the exact same problem as before, i dont know how hard it is for them to fix this, if this keeps going on im just gonna go back to gopro, i dont care about better graphics if the device does not function like it should

Have you tried a different microphone?
3-18 07:35
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

reset the camera, accu out
try it again
usbc camera port defect?
Adapter defekt?
Microphone defect?

3-18 08:57
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Antwerps Finest Posted at 3-18 03:03
Hi i was totally wrong, just 1 day passed and i had the exact same problem as before, i dont know how hard it is for them to fix this, if this keeps going on im just gonna go back to gopro, i dont care about better graphics if the device does not function like it should

Thank you for your response, and I sincerely apologize for the trouble you've been through. I'm sorry to know that the issue still persists, even if you already tried some possible ways to solve the problem on your end. It is highly suggested to send the product back to the DJI service center for further diagnosis and testing. To submit an online request, please visit this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. After filling out the online forms, you will receive a case number with instructions about how to send it in. Thank you for your cooperation.
3-18 14:36
Use props
Antwerps Finest
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 3-18 14:36
Thank you for your response, and I sincerely apologize for the trouble you've been through. I'm sorry to know that the issue still persists, even if you already tried some possible ways to solve the problem on your end. It is highly suggested to send the product back to the DJI service center for further diagnosis and testing. To submit an online request, please visit this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. After filling out the online forms, you will receive a case number with instructions about how to send it in. Thank you for your cooperation.

i haved send my product back today for a new one, lets hope it works, if it still doesnt works i wil get the boya adapter to try, if that doesnt work i will gladly switch back to a cam that works decent
3-18 15:40
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Antwerps Finest Posted at 3-18 15:40
i haved send my product back today for a new one, lets hope it works, if it still doesnt works i wil get the boya adapter to try, if that doesnt work i will gladly switch back to a cam that works decent

Thank you for your fast reply and cooperation in this process. I hope the replacement resolves the issues for you. May I ask for your DJI case number so I can monitor the case status for you? Your satisfaction is important, and I'm here to assist you through this process. 
3-19 14:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules