DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Version Number: 4.0.10
  • Update Details

What's Fixed
  • Fixed the issue of being unable to upload the flight route after editing the planned fields in the Fruit Tree mode on Terra v4.0.0.
  • Fixed the issue of ineffectiveness in modifying the base station center point data in the LiDAR Point Cloud Mission on Terra v4.0.8.

Notes
  • For DJI Terra v3.8 and later versions, when using the free trial license and Education license from the official website and performing charged functions in LiDAR point cloud reconstruction, the maximum size of imported files cannot exceed 8 GB.
  • For DJI Terra v3.9 and later versions, users must use computer device with NVIDIA graphics card to obtain the license.
  • For DJI Terra v4.0.0 and later versions, it is recommended to use an NVIDIA graphics card (4 GB) with a computing power of 6.1 or above.
  • For DJI Terra v4.0.0 and later versions, the online license can no longer be used after DJI Terra is offline for 3 days.

Overview
  • Version Number: 4.0.8
  • Updated On: 2024-03-14

What's New
  • Supports unbinding licenses by users.
  • Adds access to FAQ, tutorials, and DJI Support on Help Center.
  • Supports certain vertical coordinate systems for Germany and Mexico.

What's Fixed
  • Fixed the decreased efficiency issue for LiDAR point cloud reconstruction on Terra v4.0.0.
  • Fixed the issue where users cannot use aerotriangulation output from Terra v3.9.0 to perform 3D reconstruction on Terra v4.0.0.

Notes
  • For DJI Terra v3.8 and later versions, when using the free trial license and Education license from the official website and performing charged functions in LiDAR point cloud reconstruction, the maximum size of imported files cannot exceed 8 GB.
  • For DJI Terra v3.9 and later versions, users must use computer device with NVIDIA graphics card to obtain the license.
  • For DJI Terra v4.0.0 and later versions, it is recommended to use an NVIDIA graphics card (4 GB) with a computing power of 6.1 or above.
  • For DJI Terra v4.0.0 and later versions, the online license can no longer be used after DJI Terra is offline for 3 days.

3-14 05:14
Use props
djiuser_ldSpfvMDsf5Y
lvl.1
France

Good morning,

I recently acquired a DJI Matrice 350 drone and a Zenmuse L2 camera.

I carried out LiDAR surveys in high and low vegetation zones. The flights were at 150 m height, with Penta returns.

I observed during processing an extremely low proportion of the fifth return in my point cloud.

In addition, in dense vegetation (groves) of height approximately equal to 3m, I have no point on the ground.

However, in tall vegetation (trees over 20 m), I get points on the ground, and even points from the fifth return.

How to explain this, and have similar results in all types of situations?
3-16 04:23
Use props
djiuser_ldSpfvMDsf5Y
lvl.1
France

Good morning,

I carried out LiDAR surveys in high and low vegetation zones. The flights were at 150 m height, with Penta returns.

I observed during processing an extremely low proportion of the fifth return in my point cloud.

In addition, in dense vegetation (groves) of height approximately equal to 3m, I have no point on the ground.

However, in tall vegetation (trees over 20 m), I get points on the ground, and even points from the fifth return.

How to explain this, and have similar results in all types of situations?
3-16 04:24
Use props
djiuser_E1bcxbJWPn1q
New

United States

djiuser_ldSpfvMDsf5Y Posted at 3-16 04:24
Good morning,

I will attempt to answer your questions individually from my personal experience.
1. The drone will not store returns where they are not needed.  For example, if you fly lidar over a parking lot with Penta returns, you are unlikely to get more than 2 returns, and will mostly see only one. (it just doesn't store returns that are too close to each other vertically. This is normal)
2. High and low vegetation are tricky.   If you can stand under a tree canopy, look up, and you see little dots of light coming through between the leaves, you will get lidar data through that.  LiDar simply cannot penetrate vegetation that is too thick.  (Coniferous trees, tall grass, really any very dense growth) As a side note, it will struggle with water and snow as well.
3-26 09:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules