DJI Terra Elevation Control
145 2 3-14 12:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COMMBGT
lvl.1

United States

Good Day to all who read this,

My name is Benny and I am working on a extracting point elevation spot checks on a subdivision from a topographic point cloud. I have collected a flight with my Mavic 3E while it has been connected to my own RTK system, I collected my GCP's, and defined all of my Horizontal and Vertial Coordinate Reference systems when importing those points. However while I do achieve useable horizontal accuracy, the vertical accuracy is all over the place. Several Check Points have been programmed in but, it appears that while other flights fully match my vertical data when check points are added, this flight is up to 2.2' off of the check points I have.

My best answer is I have made a mistake when configuring my RTK and my GCP file and I should go out and redo the flight but, I wanted to see if there was any way to put more weight on my check points such that DJI Terra would "boot" or "raise" the surface up to them. If not I will go redo the flight but, I wanted to confirm what my options were outside of that.

Thanks so much,
Benny
3-14 12:52
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it a consistent 2.2' Z error across your project? If so, it might just be a pole height setting or other error with your base station. If the Z error is all over the place then it may be something totally different. You can debias the Z value in other softwares but I'm not sure if Terra has this tool or not.
3-14 15:46
Use props
COMMBGT
lvl.1

United States

Luckily my collector software is kind enough to remember what shots had what heights so I can Isolate that. The elevations are fairly known, the error increases as it gets farther away from my GCP's. I think perhaps I made a mistake on GCP distribution. At this point anything I do to "fix" my data feels like trickery not reporting so I am going to go back and redistribute things. I have the ability to and I want to run a pair of flights and merge the points clouds anyways. I am still in the integration phase to add this to our surveying workflow. The idea that one guy can do a subdivision elevation as-build report to the tenth in a day is pretty nifty to the bosses.
3-15 06:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules