Flying m2p with basic 8th gen pad
225 9 3-15 02:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Can someone please advise me if it's recommended that I turn off WiFi on my non cellular 8th gen iPad when it's connected to my M2P remote controller during flight? Thank you.
3-15 02:16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no need for it while you are flying.
You can if you like or leave it off.
It makes no difference.
3-15 02:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is not required to enable your Wi-Fi when flying the aircraft. Have a nice day.
3-15 20:40
Use props
Thopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-15 20:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is not required to enable your Wi-Fi when flying the aircraft. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the reply, truth is I haven’t had an opportunity to fly the M2P since I purchased it 3 and a half years ago, and
I wasn’t sure if the DJI go 4 was still fit for purpose also the fact that the M2P has been discontinued for a while I wasn’t sure any of the pre-requisites were still up & running. The Covid lockdown had a lot do do with my reluctance to go out & fly. If you will indulge me: can you confirm that the DJI go 4 is still a valid DJI product and will work with my M2P?  Thank you in advance
3-16 07:50
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

can you confirm that the DJI go 4 is still a valid DJI product and will work with my M2P

Go 4 is indeed a valid DJI app, and can be downloaded from the DJI website. It is in many ways a better app than the DJI Fly app used for more recent drones.
The Mavic 2 Pro is still a fantastic drone, with excellent image quality from its large sensor, and it is very stable and reliable with no bugs.
I hope your batteries are OK after the long time in storage. But you can still buy new original batteries from DJI.
3-16 10:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thopter Posted at 3-16 07:50
Thanks for the reply, truth is I haven’t had an opportunity to fly the M2P since I purchased it 3 and a half years ago, and
I wasn’t sure if the DJI go 4 was still fit for purpose also the fact that the M2P has been discontinued for a while I wasn’t sure any of the pre-requisites were still up & running. The Covid lockdown had a lot do do with my reluctance to go out & fly. If you will indulge me: can you confirm that the DJI go 4 is still a valid DJI product and will work with my M2P?  Thank you in advance

Hi. As ArcticPhoto mentioned, yes, the DJI Go 4 is still supported. You can download the latest version of the app here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4. Please keep us posted if you encounter any troubles. Have a nice day.
3-17 01:43
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I second what ArcticPhoto says. The M2P with the Dji go 4 app is still a brilliant combination. Rock solid!
3-17 01:51
Use props
Thopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-17 01:43
Hi. As ArcticPhoto mentioned, yes, the DJI Go 4 is still supported. You can download the latest version of the app here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4. Please keep us posted if you encounter any troubles. Have a nice day.

I don’t mean to hassle you but if I can bend your ears once more by asking a 3 part question: like I said earlier the quad has been sitting in it’s box for the best part of 4 years as far as I remember, I know that I last installed a DJI update around that time, so should I expect to be advised to update a number of times? And finally and at risk of asking a ridiculous question: being a noob which option should I set on the side of the remote control (RC1A)  T P & S I presume T is the tripod mode and is more forgiving towards bad pilot actions. I did warn of silly questions and I will now leave you in peace……until I get stuck again
3-17 03:47
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Thopter Posted at 3-17 03:47
I don’t mean to hassle you but if I can bend your ears once more by asking a 3 part question: like I said earlier the quad has been sitting in it’s box for the best part of 4 years as far as I remember, I know that I last installed a DJI update around that time, so should I expect to be advised to update a number of times? And finally and at risk of asking a ridiculous question: being a noob which option should I set on the side of the remote control (RC1A)  T P & S I presume T is the tripod mode and is more forgiving towards bad pilot actions. I did warn of silly questions and I will now leave you in peace……until I get stuck again

T is Tripod mode yes. (P is normal GPS mode, S is sport mode).
I often fly in T even if I am an experienced pilot, I like the slower movements when filming. I never use Sport mode.
As a beginner you really should download the manual for the drone, there is some important information, especially regarding RTH (Return To Home).
3-17 06:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thopter Posted at 3-17 03:47
I don’t mean to hassle you but if I can bend your ears once more by asking a 3 part question: like I said earlier the quad has been sitting in it’s box for the best part of 4 years as far as I remember, I know that I last installed a DJI update around that time, so should I expect to be advised to update a number of times? And finally and at risk of asking a ridiculous question: being a noob which option should I set on the side of the remote control (RC1A)  T P & S I presume T is the tripod mode and is more forgiving towards bad pilot actions. I did warn of silly questions and I will now leave you in peace……until I get stuck again

Hi, Thopter. You can refer to ArcticPhoto. For the firmware update, yes, a prompt will show telling you to update the firmware and it will let you update it to the latest. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you need further assistance, we are more than glad to help. Also if you need the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom manual, here is the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf.
Have a nice day.
3-18 00:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules