X5 X5R sample footage
9036 38 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Tahoe_Ed and DJI Autumn
Would it be possible to upload a couple of short sample ungraded clips from both the X5 and X5R cameras (same settings and DJI MFT 15mm lens on each) so we could evaluate the footage and compare before investing in the new cameras.
I and I'm sure other pro film making customers would really appreciate this.
Thanks Ian
2015-9-12
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes please! Would love to see some CinemaDNG from the X5R!
2015-9-12
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Yes please! I'd love 15 seconds of 4K RAW from the X5R to grade and see how far I can push it to match my Epic
2015-9-12
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I need this as an absolute must. I want the X5 but no way will I invest without having taken a very close look at it's video capabilities. Also, and this is really important to me, is to be able to download a stills DNG file. Much obliged.
2015-9-12
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

The new Zenmuse X5 Vibration Absorbing Board, can you use the original camera on this board, as the cameras are supposed to be modular and interchangeable or is this not so ?  The mounts look the same, but the connectors may be different.

2015-9-12
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Boys (GB44 and PaulKerry)  keep it on topic!  Trying to get some ground swell of support for seeing some X5 sample footage. Even just a few seconds, Tahoe_Ed?
Thanks Ian
2015-9-14
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

ianellerby Posted at 2015-9-14 08:46
Boys (GB44 and PaulKerry)  keep it on topic!  Trying to get some ground swell of support for seeing  ...

Any luck on getting your hands on some footage?
2015-9-15
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Not that I've heard or seen anything nofearmx,  only 4 guys interested in seeing some footage before investing in the new camera isn't the ground swell I thought we might get!!   It would be good to see something though.
2015-9-15
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, I ain't paying that kind of dosh when the only thing I've seen are some compressed YouTube videos. I'm sure there are others, like me, who would like to download a sample DNG file too. Why does it always take so long for anyone at DJI to respond to perfectly logical and reasonable requests?
2015-9-15
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

I know whold be nice to get a still, a 4k and a raw. Shouldn't be hard. You wouldn't think lol but then again nothing is ever easy it seems
2015-9-15
Use props
Netwarrior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1507172 ft
United States

I would like to download some sample x5 files as well for testing
2015-9-15
Use props
Dragonflyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16562 ft
  • >>>
United States

I, too, would appreciate sample images and video from the new cameras.  In my experience when Canon, for example,  announces a new system, a downloadable image is always available on the website, showing off how great the improvements are.  I'm grateful for the promo footage, and the stills from Tahoe Ed.  I'm sure the X5 and X5R are fantastic, and I'm waiting for my order to ship.  But with all these requests for some sample footage, and none having really been provided yet, I'm starting to wonder what you don't want us to see.  I'm still a believer for now, just please show us something more...if you can.
2015-9-15
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

^^^^^me too
2015-9-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Good idea, we'll need a little bit of time to prepare and upload it
2015-9-16
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-16 02:42
Good idea, we'll need a little bit of time to prepare and upload it

Thanks Tim!
2015-9-16
Use props
dronefocus
New

United Kingdom

+1 Im waiting on footage before I think about purchase options.
2015-9-16
Use props
Devincard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506421 ft
Canada

I would love some sample raw photos and raw video before sinking in a ton of cash!
2015-9-16
Use props
Dragonflyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, Tim, that would be great...
2015-9-16
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-Tim
Did you get a chance to upload some footage?
2015-9-23
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sheesh, how long does it take to shot some footage?
2015-9-23
Use props
agamon
lvl.1

Ukraine

Please, upload some RAW photos taken at low light condition.
Some photos of architectural lighting design at night would be highly appreciated.
2015-9-24
Use props
ftimster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

funny how long does it take ,,,,,,,
2015-9-24
Use props
gyrmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254301 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too would be very interested to download and push the grading limits of the X5R's footage before sinking this kind of $$$.  I do applaud that DJI is taking the initiative to just add a camera platform to an existing, and very capable, bird rather than forcing us to buy a new bird.  
Thanks Tim, looking forward to your cooperation!
2015-9-28
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sample videos and photos are on the DJI. website as of the 30th September go to x5 download
2015-9-30
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Australia

Not convinced at all with the X5. For professional use a X5R is a minimum. Looking too for the Yuneec Tornado with a GH4, at least we know that this footage has enough bautrate and we know the quality = as a limit for cinema-footage. DJI likes to sell without any proof to blind buyers. 50 mbps is not acceptable and stays in the consumer category. Also in pro-use, 10-15 minutes flying time is too short, the Tornado with 3 batteries > 30 minutes.
Wait and see ! I think DJI will combine the technology of the I1 pro and a hexadrone (spreading wings) in the near future. A quadro is too risky to lift expensive stuff. Meanwhile they sell the X5 with a very low investment, not really a new concept. That is business, but not always the right way for the user to follow this strategy.
PS editing companies and color graders for theatral cinema will refuse these footage, just experienced.
2015-9-30
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The footage is nice: http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/download but I can't quite see the difference between it & my phantom 3 pro.
I'm sure I can see pixels jumping about in these? Need some low light / night time shots to really see the difference.
2015-10-1
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It would be interesting to see how X5R performs in low light. Will it be in pair with GH4 or not.
2015-10-1
Use props
Dragonflyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just saw these new DNG and video samples on DJI's website for the X5, they are looking pretty good to me...
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/download
2015-10-1
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Dragonflyin Posted at 2015-10-2 10:43
I just saw these new DNG and video samples on DJI's website for the X5, they are looking pretty good ...

love the vids...
but the JPGEs....look a little artificial.
2015-10-1
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

Videos on DJI website for download look quite similar in quality to the X3 (artifacts + small sensor look and nothing even close to what the GH4 puts out). I hope this is from the Beta version or something. I want to see and grade the X5R Raw Clips before I spend $5K.
2015-10-1
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Yikes.

Based on what DJI has posted as "straight from the camera" they're charging WAY too much for the X5.

Hoping we can see some CinemaDNG from the X5R soon.
2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Please remember they are from the X5. Not the X5R, not yet.

Down load from here.

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/download
2015-10-2
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-10-2 13:03
Yikes.

Based on what DJI has posted as "straight from the camera" they're charging WAY too much for ...

Not even shot in D-Log. Why is the X5R footage so under wraps?
2015-10-2
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just watched the new X5 clips.  While the image quality has improved the horrible compression flickering is still there(most noticeable in the 2nd & 3rd clip in the ponds/brownish grass).  The biggest complaint I received from DPs was this problem and lost jobs with it.

This is a nice upgrade if it were $1000 including the lens + board, but I just can't see myself spending more money, especially if it won't bring in new work.
2015-10-2
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

scooterlam Posted at 2015-10-2 20:41
Not even shot in D-Log. Why is the X5R footage so under wraps?

I don't think the X5 (non raw) unit shoots in D-Log. It's the same "Log" format from the X3 camera system. I think D-Log will be under wraps until X5R's are in the wild.

I'm pretty interested to see what kind of ecosystem support appears for D-Log. For example, is Resolve going to support D-Log natively in the CinemaDNG RAW developer or am I going to need to use proprietary tools to really push D-Log hard. Wishing DJI would weigh in on this...
2015-10-3
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

scooterlam Posted at 2015-10-2 03:52
Videos on DJI website for download look quite similar in quality to the X3 (artifacts + small sensor ...

Same.  It looks like the X5r is the noticeable upgrade from the X3.  Even though the X5r is going to be crazy expensive, i would love to see those 4K raw dng sequences.
2015-10-3
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-10-3 01:00
I don't think the X5 (non raw) unit shoots in D-Log. It's the same "Log" format from the X3 camera ...

DJI seems very green at color grading and color theroy in general. Even in their promo ad videos the colors are horrid in some clips. I'm interested to see how much the DNG files really can be pushed in post.
2015-10-3
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

scooterlam Posted at 2015-10-3 20:55
DJI seems very green at color grading and color theroy in general. Even in their promo ad videos th ...

I'm also curious about the DR claims...

DJI says 12.8 stops of DR on the X5... but my BMD cameras and every Sony I've ever shot on are pretty clear - full DR is only available in Log.

So when DJI says the X5 is 12.8 stops does that mean the sensor is 12.8 stops but we're never going to see that because it's 4:2:0 8-bit recording with no proper LOG format (given D-Log is not available on the X5)? Or is the 12.8 stops only for the still shots that are actually storing the DNG data and not for video so they still claim it as a feature?
2015-10-3
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

This hasn't been bumped in a while. Are there x5r raw samples out there yet? camera is supposed to be out in a matter of weeks...

With the low bitrate I've given up shooting 4k with the x5. Works great for 1080 though. I'm hoping I can save the copter and battery investment with a better camera in the x5r.
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules