Please, DJI, disable the video button
145 2 3-15 12:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cxsdew
lvl.1
United States

I like the RC 2 controller (especially with an aftermarket sun screen, and strap), but there is a major design flaw, with the video and photo buttons. They are located on the corners of the box, and are very sensitive, so it is way too easy to inadvertently activate them any time you handle the controller, tuck in under your jacket, etc. Not a big deal to take a photo by mistake, but many times now I have set up a shot with active track or autopilot, done my thing until the battery is running low, and gone home thinking I've got some great footage---until I see that I brushed against the video button and turned off recording after the first 10 seconds. That is truly exasperating.

These buttons seem completely unnecessary to me, since you can take photos or start video recording from the controller screen just as easily. Maybe some people want the buttons so they can do this without looking, or taking fingers off the controls. But at least there should be a way to disable these buttons. At the very least, the video on/off button should be automatically disabled whenever active track is being used.

Meanwhile, my very klugey fix is to glue a strip of metal over the video button, to prevent it from being pressed. Screenshot 2024-03-15 165114.png
Screenshot 2024-03-15 165114.png
3-15 12:55
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI could very easily automate this action. Simply lock the controller when the cover is closed. The same sensor that controls the screen auto-brightness can be used for this. Or maybe the RC/RC2 "lacks the performance" to implement this feature. That's their go-to excuse for everything else with them.  
3-15 16:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your input, as it helps us improve our products and services. Rest assured that your comments have been noted, and we are forwarding them to our dedicated team for evaluation. We appreciate your valued support.
3-15 21:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules