Best service to send your M3E pics for mapping
323 12 3-15 18:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I got a M3E just to do one map overlay for a single project. So I have finally had the unique combination of weather, light angle and time to get it done. I have looked at a few options, but what is the best service for a one shot map? Only have so much grant funding, so cheap is good and it does not have to be perfect to the cm for this project. BTW, If anybody needs a M3E, I am selling mine as I am finished with it, PM me. I also have a D-RTK-2 I used for the job as it is a really remote site. It has served its purpose as well. Just for grins I tried out the GL300N to use the D-RTK-2 as a Roamer, works, also finished with it as well.
Back to the basic question, any suggestions for a one shot job would be helpful, it is around a 750 pic run.
3-15 18:59
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the Metashape 30 day free trial you also get 20 hours/month of free cloud processing. Or for the price of 1 M3E you could send me the data and I'll return you with all the processed data you'll need. You can even keep the D-RTK2.
3-15 19:47
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

I'll check it out. They all have fairly confusing trials or pitifully small number of pics processed for the introductory or smaller subscription services. THX for the lead. While there are better options, the D-RTK-2 came through for me when Earthscope would not give me any data for my location via their NTRIPS/CORS network. Small time window on the conditions to get the shots to reveal geo structure. Light Angle, time of year for the correct direction of the light and so on. It is really two overlay maps, one in visible and one in thermal. Had to run both drones back to back. Now everything is covered in snow a mere 5 days later.
3-15 19:55
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 3-15 19:55
I'll check it out. They all have fairly confusing trials or pitifully small number of pics processed for the introductory or smaller subscription services. THX for the lead. While there are better options, the D-RTK-2 came through for me when Earthscope would not give me any data for my location via their NTRIPS/CORS network. Small time window on the conditions to get the shots to reveal geo structure. Light Angle, time of year for the correct direction of the light and so on. It is really two overlay maps, one in visible and one in thermal. Had to run both drones back to back. Now everything is covered in snow a mere 5 days later.

Yea I understand the confusing trial offerings. Like how Terra limits you to a time limit, photo limit, machine limit, and more. Metashape has 30 days of no limitations. The 20 hours of free cloud processing a month continues even after that 30 days.
3-15 20:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take a look at drone deploy they have a free trial that may get you what you need.  
3-16 02:29
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

I did check them out, but it seems at their month by month plan has a pathetic number of photos you can process. Kind of jumps from $50 to $250 to do anything useful. Or at least it is how I am reading it. I looked at PIX4D as well, they both seem to be competing on confusing offers. It reminds me of looking at health supplement ads.
3-16 07:48
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Dogpilot Posted at 3-16 07:48
I did check them out, but it seems at their month by month plan has a pathetic number of photos you can process. Kind of jumps from $50 to $250 to do anything useful. Or at least it is how I am reading it. I looked at PIX4D as well, they both seem to be competing on confusing offers. It reminds me of looking at health supplement ads.

Hey DogPilot.

If you are interested I could process your data...

Please send me PM for more details...
3-16 08:49
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

Thank you for the offer, but I am under an NDA for the data from the mining company that allowed me to use their claim land. I need to figure this out for the future needs on the project anyhow.I need to figure this out for the future needs on the project anyhow. BTW, where  are you in Mexico. I do some work consulting on a few mines in the Yaquai River area.
3-16 16:47
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Dogpilot Posted at 3-16 16:47
Thank you for the offer, but I am under an NDA for the data from the mining company that allowed me to use their claim land. I need to figure this out for the future needs on the project anyhow.I need to figure this out for the future needs on the project anyhow. BTW, where  are you in Mexico. I do some work consulting on a few mines in the Yaquai River area.

Good to know.

I am located in Tamaulipas NE mexico. I have also done some consulting work for Gold mines in Zacatecas and Guerrero...

Keep in touch if you need some further help...
3-16 23:15
Use props
djiuser_yr5jEPZEV6qZ
lvl.3
Germany

You could take a look at WebODM. Open Source. Just a little effort to install. Only limitations are your hardware resources or the time you spend for processing the data.
3D Survey could be worth another look. Not free but they have reasonable prices.
3-19 03:50
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

Just want to say, I downloaded Metashape and am trying out its 30 day free trial. Must say I am impressed with the capabilities. Does make you pine for a very fast computer. Not that mine is slow, but it does depend heavily on your graphic processor. Great recommendation! Thank you very much.
3-20 15:15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 3-20 15:15
Just want to say, I downloaded Metashape and am trying out its 30 day free trial. Must say I am impressed with the capabilities. Does make you pine for a very fast computer. Not that mine is slow, but it does depend heavily on your graphic processor. Great recommendation! Thank you very much.

Make an account and take advantage of their 20 hours of free cloud processing. If you have decent internet. With my 200mbps download but only 10mbps upload, a medium size dataset can take forever to upload. Although it'll work with no GPU it'll definitely tax it if it can. Go to preferences and make sure the correct GPU is checked and uncheck your iGPU if you're using an Intel chip with one. Also uncheck the "use CPU..." option at the bottom of that same page. Just a few tips to try.
3-20 15:31
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

I had some spare time out in one of the areas I am studying and decide to check out some deep 3D features. I only had the 3T with me, but it provided a good enough set of images to process. Metashape did a fantastic job with the data set:

3-22 19:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules