Help with gathering up the setup
160 5 3-16 04:43
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pratamishus
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, guys!

I am about to buy Ronin 4D and I want to use it with Sirui Saturn lenses kit and I am going to record in ProRes Raw format. I've done my research and I just wanted to make sure I got everything required from the "must have" list. Maybe something you guys have confronted with similar setup and found the "you can't do without this thing". What I am getting is this:

Ronin 4d 6k combo
ProResRaw license
ProSSD 1tb x 3

ProSSD adapter

DJI Ronin 4d Flex
DJI Zenmuse x9 focus motor

Sirui Saturn 35mm/50mm/75mm kit
Hoya 62 mm HMC Close-Up Filter Set - Black

Lens hood
Pgytech DJI Ronin 4D Backpack

Is there anything you might suggest me? I would be very greatful for any help.
Thanks a lot in advance.

3-16 04:43
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Batteries? And I've found my iFootage Cobra 3 monopod much more useful than I expected.
3-16 09:59
Use props
Pratamishus
lvl.1
Russia

TooDeep Posted at 3-16 09:59
Batteries? And I've found my iFootage Cobra 3 monopod much more useful than I expected.

Thanks a lot for reply!

Yeah, it took me some time to understand how long can one battery hold the setup. Got 2 more. Hope gonna be enough.

Regarding monopod - thanks a lot. We barely shoot static scenes, but yes, got myself one just in case. And the monopod as an extension - it's my wife who shoots and, I think, this thing is gonna be to heavy for her to extend on a monopod

Anyway. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. It's just that when I was building the previous setup with ronin, nikon z and an anamorphic lens, I was purchasing tiny things like every week for the first few months
3-17 22:08
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Pratamishus Posted at 3-17 22:08
Thanks a lot for reply!

Yeah, it took me some time to understand how long can one battery hold the setup. Got 2 more. Hope gonna be enough.

Understood. Yes, three ProSSDs suggested comparatively long run times. I also have 3 batteries in total and have one more suggestion which I found to be worth buying. The charging hub intelligently charges up to four batteries. It does not charge them all simultaneously, so you might say "what's the point" but it charges the battery with the most existing charge first. I'm sure you will read its features for yourself without help from me, so here is a link (unfortunately UK but finding it locally should be straightforward).  https://store.dji.com/uk/product/inspire-2-charging-hub?vid=20071

I suggested a monopod because it lets the Flex extension shoot from vantage points I suspect you or your wife would be reluctant to or never considered shooting from. That said, you'll know your own plans and my own Flex hasn't left its box since it arrived.
3-18 01:42
Use props
Pratamishus
lvl.1
Germany

TooDeep Posted at 3-18 01:42
Understood. Yes, three ProSSDs suggested comparatively long run times. I also have 3 batteries in total and have one more suggestion which I found to be worth buying. The charging hub intelligently charges up to four batteries. It does not charge them all simultaneously, so you might say "what's the point" but it charges the battery with the most existing charge first. I'm sure you will read its features for yourself without help from me, so here is a link (unfortunately UK but finding it locally should be straightforward).  https://store.dji.com/uk/product/inspire-2-charging-hub?vid=20071

I suggested a monopod because it lets the Flex extension shoot from vantage points I suspect you or your wife would be reluctant to or never considered shooting from. That said, you'll know your own plans and my own Flex hasn't left its box since it arrived.

Ah, well, yeah. Using the monopod with flex might definitely be quite useful. And, in our case, we will have to use it. Even though we got Tilta Float, it's still a lot of cases when you have to shoot from hands and the backpack simplifies it a lot (as far as I hope) to reduce the load on hands.

Regarding the hub - yes I was looking into it. It really might be useful. One thing less to think about during shooting. Thanks a lot again.
3-18 01:49
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Pratamishus Posted at 3-18 01:49
Ah, well, yeah. Using the monopod with flex might definitely be quite useful. And, in our case, we will have to use it. Even though we got Tilta Float, it's still a lot of cases when you have to shoot from hands and the backpack simplifies it a lot (as far as I hope) to reduce the load on hands.

Regarding the hub - yes I was looking into it. It really might be useful. One thing less to think about during shooting. Thanks a lot again.

You're very welcome and good luck.
3-18 07:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules