Pocket 3 - Pre-Purchase Questions
231 5 3-16 05:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MsNikita
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, Currently in the UK and I'm in the market for a device which allows me to record 4k60 continously, therefore I have been checking those forums about the Pocket 3 recently since I'm interested in making a purchase. I've noticed a bunch of threads regarding overheating issues and I'm am concerned...

Am I correct in thinking that there are no physical differences between Asian models and EU models than the firmware or activation region? Since it has to comply to EU regulations regulation of a maximum of 48°C (Celsius)

Currently I have a Pocket 2 that's capable of recording in 4k60, however it'll often stop recording due to overheating issues, typically around 7-10 minutes in - As a result, I have stopped using it as it not fit for my purpose. I have since purchased a Sony FDR-X3000 (which does not overheat and stop recording) but has 4k30 limitation (I prefer 60fps).

Questions

1. Is it true that DJI doesn't currently offer any global warrenties on it's products, even though content producers often work overseas?

Does DJI offer different firmware for different regions?

Having being on the original Osmo beta program many moons ago, I remember being able to side load firmware on to the device. Could this be possible for Pocket 3 Firmware updates too? This way I can keep the activation region status.

If I buy a Dji Pocket 3 Combo from abroad (in either Japan or HK) could I avoid the EU Regulations regarding heat limitations? Or would my device stop working due to overheating, as it would IF i had purchased a UK model?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

3-16 05:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in DJI products.

1. Is it true that DJI doesn't currently offer any global warrenties on it's products, even though content producers often work overseas?
- DJI original warranty can only be applied within the same region where you purchase the unit.

2. Does DJI offer different firmware for different regions?
- When using the DJI Osmo Pocket 3, the firmware version is the same with different regions. You may refer to the release notes of the product using this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

3. Having being on the original Osmo beta program many moons ago, I remember being able to side load firmware on to the device. Could this be possible for Pocket 3 Firmware updates too? This way I can keep the activation region status.
- We don't have this feature on the said unit. If you are referring to the EU temperature, please note that due to EU policy requirements, the temperature threshold cannot be set manually and the DJI Mimo app will determined the country code and set it automatically.

4. If I buy a Dji Pocket 3 Combo from abroad (in either Japan or HK) could I avoid the EU Regulations regarding heat limitations? Or would my device stop working due to overheating, as it would IF i had purchased a UK model?
- The temperature threshold will depend on the region where you are using the unit.

Hope this clarifies your query to us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
3-16 21:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you seen -

3-17 07:00
Use props
Arki
lvl.2
Poland

You can upload a text file called "crackconfig" (without file extension) with the text "heat test" to the memory card. As long as this file is on the card, the 48 degree limit does not work.
3-17 07:01
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Arki Posted at 3-17 07:01
You can upload a text file called "crackconfig" (without file extension) with the text "heat test" to the memory card. As long as this file is on the card, the 48 degree limit does not work.

Oh interesting. Thanks for that.
3-18 19:21
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

With Pocket 2 only use SanDisk Extreme cards. It never overheats. Kingstons wont work with Pocket 2 it stops recording under 10 minutes with different reasons. Pocket 1 and 3 works with Kingston cards but not Pocket 2.

With Pocket 3 EU firmware is optimized I have never seen any overheating message anymore. Recorded yesterday indoor over 1 hour. Forget the "EU overheating thing".

Ofc I assume you have the latest firmware. If your Pocket 2 cant record more than under 10 minutes use the warranty. Each device is unique. Especially I have seen A LOT of differences with thermal pastes. Amount and quality of it.
3-18 22:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules