SIUH Community Park - FerryHawks Baseball

3-16 05:48
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video. Puts all the recent views you've published into a recognisable pattern.
3-16 14:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5018169 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's where it all comes from. I take the pics from the video clip first because they're easier to edit
3-16 15:01
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-16 15:01
That's where it all comes from. I take the pics from the video clip first because they're easier to edit

I tend to do that as well
3-17 00:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a magnificent baseball stadium.    I wonder how many homerun balls have ended up in the water?  

I see where Dwight (Doctor K)  Gooden is going to be signing autographs at the upcoming Hawk Fest.  He should draw quite a crowd.  
3-17 04:30
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-17 04:30
What a magnificent baseball stadium.    I wonder how many homerun balls have ended up in the water?  

I see where Dwight (Doctor K)  Gooden is going to be signing autographs at the upcoming Hawk Fest.  He should draw quite a crowd.

I hope so. These stands here are really never more than 25 percent full. They do all kinds of promotions. They just aren't drawing a crowd yet.
3-17 04:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-17 04:59
I hope so. These stands here are really never more than 25 percent full. They do all kinds of promotions. They just aren't drawing a crowd yet.

That's a shame as that is a really nice stadium.  Maybe the Staten Islanders are not really baseball fans.  
3-17 05:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice looking site. also I like what you did with IG with the logo,  that was very cool.  
3-17 06:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-17 05:56
That's a shame as that is a really nice stadium.  Maybe the Staten Islanders are not really baseball fans.

They are but they don't seem to come out to the minor leagues. I have many friends that go out to see the Mets and Yankees which are much further away and more expensive. The average night at Citifield comes to over $200 per person. I'd rather see a Broadway play for that money.
3-17 06:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-17 06:50
They are but they don't seem to come out to the minor leagues. I have many friends that go out to see the Mets and Yankees which are much further away and more expensive. The average night at Citifield comes to over $200 per person. I'd rather see a Broadway play for that money.

No doubt it is a treat to watch the Mets or Yankees but at that price I could see a lot of minor league games and enjoy them much more.  
3-18 02:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 02:26
No doubt it is a treat to watch the Mets or Yankees but at that price I could see a lot of minor league games and enjoy them much more.

That's how I feel. I don't need to pay those high salaries.
3-18 03:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-18 03:52
That's how I feel. I don't need to pay those high salaries.

Personally I think that MLB and NFL have become way too commercialized and the players are given exorbitant salaries.  
3-18 08:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 08:33
Personally I think that MLB and NFL have become way too commercialized and the players are given exorbitant salaries.

It's all out of hand and then they have the stones to take a knee for the country that's been so good to them. Let's not get stated on the second national anthem.
3-18 10:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-18 10:21
It's all out of hand and then they have the stones to take a knee for the country that's been so good to them. Let's not get stated on the second national anthem.

This all I'm going to say....
ISFTF_AKFTC.jpg
3-18 11:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 11:26
This all I'm going to say....

Nuff said.
3-18 14:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Looks like it is going to be a rainy day today.  Oh well, I've got plenty of indoor stuff I can do.  Hope you have some good weather.
3-19 02:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 02:14
Looks like it is going to be a rainy day today.  Oh well, I've got plenty of indoor stuff I can do.  Hope you have some good weather.

three days of wind here. Hopefully I will catch up on my todos.
3-19 04:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-19 04:24
three days of wind here. Hopefully I will catch up on my todos.

I got busy doing a little re-arranging in my combined storage/garage building.  I decided I need some storage space to get organized so I pulled out the table saw and some wood and got busy whipping up some shelves.  Got them planed and sanded.  I'll go back and stain them in a bit and should get them hung up tomorrow.  Project turned out much bigger than originally anticipated.  
3-19 10:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 10:08
I got busy doing a little re-arranging in my combined storage/garage building.  I decided I need some storage space to get organized so I pulled out the table saw and some wood and got busy whipping up some shelves.  Got them planed and sanded.  I'll go back and stain them in a bit and should get them hung up tomorrow.  Project turned out much bigger than originally anticipated.

Good for you. I'm not handy like that.
3-19 12:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-19 12:13
Good for you. I'm not handy like that.

I have all the necessary equipment I just can't get motivated to use it very often.  
3-19 14:39
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 14:39
I have all the necessary equipment I just can't get motivated to use it very often.

I have done some projects but I'm not a big fan of doing them. It always takes longer than I expect. I don't enjoy the labor of it. Technical work I like but not the physical.
3-19 15:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-19 15:48
I have done some projects but I'm not a big fan of doing them. It always takes longer than I expect. I don't enjoy the labor of it. Technical work I like but not the physical.

I hear you on that.  I have a really nice planer but boy can it make a mess unless I have it hooked up to a chip and dust collector.  
3-20 07:57
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-20 07:57
I hear you on that.  I have a really nice planer but boy can it make a mess unless I have it hooked up to a chip and dust collector.

That's the other part I love.
3-20 08:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-20 08:21
That's the other part I love.

On a reno project I was doing with my son the planer filled up two 55 gallon containers of sawdust and small chips.  
3-20 08:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-20 08:33
On a reno project I was doing with my son the planer filled up two 55 gallon containers of sawdust and small chips.

That's allot of sawing.
3-20 14:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-20 14:11
That's allot of sawing.

It was. He was doing a lot of custom work so I had the planer going for hours.  
3-21 03:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-21 03:10
It was. He was doing a lot of custom work so I had the planer going for hours.

Hopefully you created something worth all of the labor.
3-21 03:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-21 03:36
Hopefully you created something worth all of the labor.

My son went 50/50 with a friend of his on a repossessed house.  I did the demo part while they were at work that week.  Then they came in with a redesign plan.  It meant moving the kitchen and a bathroom.  I don't think they were anticipating having to move plumbing lines, drains, etc.  We rented a concrete saw and went to town.  Then we had a 2 week lag waiting for a building inspector to sign off on the work so we could put in concrete over the work.  Most of the planing I did was for finish work on cabinets, shelves, patio table, etc.  I didn't mind helping but that was definitely not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.  They really made out though as they got the house for a steal at a repo auction and then by the time the renovation was done the real estate market was hot so they ended up having a bidding war by potential buyers.  
3-21 09:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-21 09:02
My son went 50/50 with a friend of his on a repossessed house.  I did the demo part while they were at work that week.  Then they came in with a redesign plan.  It meant moving the kitchen and a bathroom.  I don't think they were anticipating having to move plumbing lines, drains, etc.  We rented a concrete saw and went to town.  Then we had a 2 week lag waiting for a building inspector to sign off on the work so we could put in concrete over the work.  Most of the planing I did was for finish work on cabinets, shelves, patio table, etc.  I didn't mind helping but that was definitely not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.  They really made out though as they got the house for a steal at a repo auction and then by the time the renovation was done the real estate market was hot so they ended up having a bidding war by potential buyers.

Sounds like they got a good value for some hard work.
3-21 19:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-21 19:15
Sounds like they got a good value for some hard work.

It really worked out well for them.  Great profit and both used it for their next reno.  After 3 of those my son decided enough was enough and moved on to other business ventures.  
3-22 01:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-22 01:58
It really worked out well for them.  Great profit and both used it for their next reno.  After 3 of those my son decided enough was enough and moved on to other business ventures.

I couldn't flip homes. It's lots of work. It could be lucrative but the pressure is heavy.
3-22 03:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-22 03:33
I couldn't flip homes. It's lots of work. It could be lucrative but the pressure is heavy.

The timelines are what put the most pressure.  You absolutely have to finish a project before the market cools or you could take a real beating.  
3-22 13:25
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-22 13:25
The timelines are what put the most pressure.  You absolutely have to finish a project before the market cools or you could take a real beating.

In new york most people do because the inspectors and city officials never get anything through in time.
3-22 17:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-22 17:15
In new york most people do because the inspectors and city officials never get anything through in time.

All the cities and counties say they don't have enough inspectors to keep up.  However, it amazes me how some contractors are able to get their permits and inspections done quickly.  Makes me wonder how much money is passing under the table for that to happen.
3-23 03:18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice footage.
That opening shot worked very well!
3-25 23:36
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-25 23:36
Nice footage.
That opening shot worked very well!

I wish it could have opened up to the entire field but that was 400 ft.
3-26 04:05
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-26 04:05
I wish it could have opened up to the entire field but that was 400 ft.

That is quite big for sure.
3-26 05:13
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 05:13
That is quite big for sure.

I wish it was easier to get a height waiver.
3-26 05:21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-26 05:21
I wish it was easier to get a height waiver.

I can imagine.
A wide adapter will be more easy.
3-26 05:38
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 05:38
I can imagine.
A wide adapter will be more easy.

True. The first thing the company said was they wiuld have liked a wider shot.
3-26 18:42
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules