High pitched ringing noise in OSMO 4 SE videos
629 5 3-16 22:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZUBZOM
lvl.1
Australia

Hello,

I have a DJI OSMO 4 SE, and when I shoot video with it, there is a loud high-pitched ringing noise in the video footage.
I'm using a Google Pixel 7a.  The ringing sound didn't used to be there.

It only happens while the camera is attached to the gimble.
Perhaps something has gone wrong with the OSMO's motors, or other parts of the hardware or software.
I bought it around April 2023, and I haven't used it all that much.

You can hear the problem in this video I made:
https://youtu.be/9ubo0oNjgTg

I'd like to get it replaced or repaired, so it doesn't happen anymore, as it's basically useless with a high-pitched ringing sound over all the videos.

Thanks!  What's the next step?

- Murray

3-16 22:17
Use props
Stefania Robins
New

Italy

I have the same problem with both Osmo 3 and osmo 6, I have no idea, it's so high that even in audio post production is almost impossible to remove.
3-17 10:16
Use props
ZUBZOM
lvl.1
Australia

Stefania Robins Posted at 3-17 10:16
I have the same problem with both Osmo 3 and osmo 6, I have no idea, it's so high that even in audio post production is almost impossible to remove.

It didn't used to happen on my previous videos.

Not sure why it's started happening, but now it happens every video I make.

It makes the device useless.

I was hoping SUPPORT would respond to me here, but I guess I need to go thru the other support channels.

Thanks for your reply.  Interesting that it's happening on 2 different models of the device for you.

Makes me doubtful about buying any more DJI gear if it's this common.
3-17 19:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
3-18 02:28
Use props
ZUBZOM
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-18 02:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

I've written to support@dji.com, and included my video of the problem with the OSMO 4 SE, as well as a photo of my receipt, and a photo of the serial number/QR code.

I'd like to get it replaced with the minimum amount of effort and fuss.  I just want to have a working OSMO again.

I'm hoping I can just take it to the Melbourne DJI Store in the city, and swap my malfunctioning one with a new working one.  I really don't want to have to pay to ship it somewhere, and have to pack it and post it off.  That just doesn't seem worth my time and effort, considering it's a problem with the device.

I've always thought of DJI as a great quality brand, and didn't expect this sort of problem to just start happening.  

I'm hoping support can get this sorted out for me quickly and easily.

Thanks.

- Murray
3-20 16:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ZUBZOM Posted at 3-20 16:22
Thanks.

I've written to support@dji.com, and included my video of the problem with the OSMO 4 SE, as well as a photo of my receipt, and a photo of the serial number/QR code.

Hello there. Thank you for patiently waiting and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. If this sound also occurs with or without using the DJI Mimo app, I'm afraid that you may consider sending it in for proper diagnostics. Since you already requested a service by sending us an email, kindly wait for their response via email as they will update you on how to send the unit to us. Again, we're sorry for this trouble. We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-20 22:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules