What sound to overlay on video?
147 1 3-16 23:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

I've put together my first video from a weekend away but naturally there is no sound from the drone. I'm after ideas - what do other people use as sound and how do you choose? Options that I can think of are:
* No sound (silent movie)
* Simultaneously record local sound (but likely to be uninteresting if shooting landscapes - most likely comments from me or my wife)
* Record some local sound but not at the same time - might come for free if cutting drone video together with GoPro video
* Add background music - how do I decide the best option (professional movie makers obviously learn how to combine sound and video)

3-16 23:22
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

One common and effective technique when adding background music to a video is too choose the music BEFORE you do the edit and to use the music to guide the cut

First of all look over the footage you've shot and decide the mood of the video you want to create - relaxing, lively, moody etc.

Then pick a piece of music that suits that mood. A starting point for this could be YouTubes free music library which can be filtered by mid and music style.

Note that you may not even want to use the whole piece of music, just a section of it that suits your footage.

You then lay down the music in your editor first, then cut the video to match the music. Watching other people's videos and notice how on the ones where the music feels like it suits the pictures the video follows the music closely - cuts on beats or bars, fast movement with faster passages of music, slower movement on the slower passages, reveals over build ups, pace changes onlnbthe drop etc.
3-17 03:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules