BIG PROBLEM !- @ Update Home Point Menu Screen
301 8 3-17 00:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
me2me2me2
lvl.1

Canada

Hi - Today I was flying my cool drone and as I was flying in "follow me" mode I wanted to select the home point to be the Controller.
I was able to get to the Update Home Point Menu Screen - and was able to select the Controller - no problems so far.

BUT - I know there is always a BUT - when trying to get back to the main  fly menu screen  - no matter how many times I pouded my screen it would not exit the Update Home Point Menu -
All the while my drone was still in follow me mode -

I tried using the joystick to land but without any luck -
Then that dreaded voice command "Battery Low  the drone will fly home" well the original home point was far far away - I pressed the RTH cancel button on the controller and it aborded the RTH -  

I was standing and praying not knowing what to do next - just waiting now for the drone to run out of power and Crash !!--  

Then some qiuck thinking I disconnected  my phone from the the controller ( RC-N1) shut down the fly program - then restarted the DJI fly program - the main screen appeared and I was able to land my cool drone safely - that was close call --

I recall using the home point feature some time ago - (prior to the DJI fly updates) and it seemed to update the home point - no problem at all --

Why couldn't I exit the from the "Update Home Point Menu"?
As you can see in the screen shot that the "Cancel" and the " "OK" buttons on the bottom are missing ---- no where to be found  - so there is nothing to tap -- so it stays on that menu forever --
Also the phone I'm using is a Andriod - Samsung Galaxy S10 +

Drone = Mini 3 Pro --

Also the Fly App is all up to date --- firmware ect --

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

What can be done to fix this?

Also I like to know that once we select "controller" or "aircraft" mode will that remain the default set point all the time or will it revert to the aircraft mode when the program is started up again?

Any help regarding this would be appreciated -

Thanks     

Update Home Point Menu

Update Home Point Menu

3-17 00:01
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Perhaps Fly is simply frozen, the phone is old, Fly requires a lot of resources, update your phone.
You could simply turn off your phone or disconnect it from the remote control, the drone is controlled from the remote control without a phone, you could land it only with the remote control.
The home point is recorded in the drone and the last setting is saved.
3-17 00:27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Your screenshot shows the Update Home Point pop-up fills the whole screen, the close button on this popup is not visible....
Wonder how the flyapp screen looks at our device when flying ? does it shows it all ?

cheers
JJB
Analysis2.png
3-17 00:30
Use props
me2me2me2
lvl.1

Canada

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 00:27
Perhaps Fly is simply frozen, the phone is old, Fly requires a lot of resources, update your phone.
You could simply turn off your phone or disconnect it from the remote control, the drone is controlled from the remote control without a phone, you could land it only with the remote control.
The home point is recorded in the drone and the last setting is saved.

@Serg SSA
Thank you for your help --

The Samsung S10 + isn't all that old -  can someone else with a Samsung S10 + please give it try?

As perhaps I'm doing something wrong --

If others are having no issues then I should as well - right?

Thanks
3-17 14:19
Use props
me2me2me2
lvl.1

Canada

JJB* Posted at 3-17 00:30
Hi,

Your screenshot shows the Update Home Point pop-up fills the whole screen, the close button on this popup is not visible....

@JJB*

Thank you for taking the time to help - that is correct the "Cancel" and "OK" are not visible like on your phone -

Just wondering if your phone a Samsung S10 +  ?

Everything else on the phone including flyapp screen looks fine - and yes it shows it all -

Not sure what to do ---

Can someone else with a Samsung S10 + please give it try?

Anyone else with an idea on how to get Home Point Menu Screen to work properly?

Thanks
3-17 14:34
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

me2me2me2 Posted at 3-17 14:34
@JJB*

Thank you for taking the time to help - that is correct the "Cancel" and "OK" are not visible like on your phone -

Easy, you have the phone resolution set too low. Change it to its highest setting.
3-17 15:27
Use props
me2me2me2
lvl.1

Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-17 15:27
Easy, you have the phone resolution set too low. Change it to its highest setting.

@Mobilehomer

Yes , yes , yes ! You saved the day !!!!!

It was actually the screen zoom setting that messed it up - by just cutting it down 1 notch the "Ok" and "Cancel"  appears and it even works

Thank you for every ones input - problem solved !!

screen zoom -999

screen zoom -999

3-17 17:45
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

me2me2me2 Posted at 3-17 14:34
@JJB*

Thank you for taking the time to help - that is correct the "Cancel" and "OK" are not visible like on your phone -

Hi,

Pleaure to help, Mobilehomer had the correct solution.

Happy to have a RC with  screen!  if you use once. never a phone again with the FlyApp

cheers
JJB
3-17 23:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, me2me2me2. We're glad that the issue has been resolved. Thanks to Mobilehomer. In regards to this inquiry: Also I like to know that once we select "controller" or "aircraft" mode will that remain the default set point all the time or will it revert to the aircraft mode when the program is started up again? - It will revert back to aircraft mode again after restarting it. Hope this helps. Have a safe flight always!
3-18 03:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules