Seeking solution for front facing POV footage with Pocket 3
157 2 3-17 01:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FTfLrOvZYuFu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello everyone, I wonder if you can help?

I would like to be able to mount my pocket three on a rucksack strap for POV shooting but crucially, with the gimbal facing away from the screen rather than in selfie mode. I have a third-party expansion adapter, very similar to the DJI version, and could attach it to a rucksack mount with a GoPro screw. However, in this scenario, the screen would be facing outwards and I would need to leave the device in selfie mode, presumably meaning that it would lock onto the first face it sees and follow that  Rather than capturing the full image. I unfortunately can’t toggle face detection easily because I am visually impaired and cannot read the on-screen menus.

So, what I really need, is some kind of amount that would allow me to turn the device around the other way so I am not shooting in selfie mode. I was thinking about some kind of curved arm with a GoPro mount at either end, which could then hold the expansion adapter from the other side, intern holding the device slightly away from the rucksack strap. But I am open to any options.

I would be most grateful for your ideas.
3-17 01:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use something like this,  and then you can mount it either way round,  or my favourite upside down.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006311253326.html
3-17 06:53
Use props
djiuser_FTfLrOvZYuFu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Very much appreciated.
3-24 22:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules