o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-18 10:00
Ahhh thanks.
I had not been looking at those timestamps ( CUSTOM.updateTime [local] ), I was looking at OSD.flyTime and OSD.flytime which do not show a 3 minute gap. It is curious that those don't show such a disconnection.
Can you explain why the log itself, in its messages, mentions only 'short' duration disconnections, 26 seconds and 41 seconds ?

Hi,

In a RTH home, flying at high altitude, with the new RTH setting (forgot the option name) , Mini4pro will not fly at current height to HP but does it in a clever way....already descending to safe time/battery.

No idea why there is 41 seconds in a message, FRAP uses other times to calc disconnect periods.

See my chart of typical new RTH behaviour, flying at 120 meter, in RTH it descends automatically to about 30 meter....
cheers
JJB

Analysis1.png
3-18 12:56
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

MKmini4 Posted at 3-18 03:12
Could you possibly upload the video of the flight for us?

https://we.tl/t-soTXyHGQUP
3-18 14:41
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

Unfortunately, nothing can be seen in the video.
3-19 03:52
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

MKmini4 Posted at 3-19 03:52
Unfortunately, nothing can be seen in the video.

Only when drone is falling down, and somebodys shoes.
3-19 06:12
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

Sharing a whatsapp screen recording of playing the movie is not very informative.  Why not upload the original movies?
3-19 12:16
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Frank071 Posted at 3-19 12:16
Sharing a whatsapp screen recording of playing the movie is not very informative.  Why not upload the original movies?

You have right.

https://we.tl/t-7QIArwoyua
3-19 13:03
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

there are some strange behaviors, would still ask DJI what happen there and ask for replacement.
( I will ignore legality of flight... night time, no VLOS, start without satelites also not god, but before leaving start area drone got HP updated - maybe pilot got all permisions ;) so skip it)

anyway
- little pass 4min mark there is a change of max fligh altitude to 25m? was it your input? or software bug that in end cost You drone crash + stolen such low max. altitude would force drone fly lower when going back home, and it hit something, as in night no obst. avoidance can work.
- I dont have FRAP access, so i can not confirm that 3min disconnect, can post author say it's true or not? honestly ussualy all logs were same till now - 1st time i see a difference between phantomlog/airdata vs. another program.

3-19 14:11
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

Maybe someone handed it in at the police station or lost and found office? Can DJI block the device using the serial number?

Is it possible to encrypt the SD card so that the finder cannot access the data?
3-19 15:19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-19 06:12
Only when drone is falling down, and somebodys shoes.

Looks like a quick getaway in a car to me...
3-19 18:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules