New(?) Orange Warning message: "Aircraft too close"
697 4 3-17 18:04
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M0rt5h31m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251155 ft
United States

Airspace clear, no restrictions, good to fly. Lifted off and got situated way off the beach past most of the breakers over the ocean at about 150' - 200' watching the sunset. A warning message in red that always freaks me out pops up "Aircraft nearby", and "Aircraft approaching", as soon as I hear that I immediately drop to the deck like always. This time being over ocean rollers and the occasional breaker I drop down fast to 35-37' to reduce the risk of ocean spray on the drone and stay put in hover. Warnings get louder as they do and the plane is audible. Taking off my goggles I made eye contact with the plane - sure enough that Cessna was coming in fairly fast over the beach and below 400' for sure (maybe 225'-300') hotdogging a little bit in front of the sunset. The warnings repeat in red and the audio warning but all is as safe as possible - I stay put and drop down a few more feet. Then between the red warnings a new orange warning pops up "Aircraft too close". And it kinda sticks for a few. Weird. By that time the plane had passed the drone's position and was exiting the area on its same course so it was a little late. I still had control the whole time, and the warning was orange. Although a tad accusatory, what's up with that warning? Anyone else encounter it? Searching around I didn't find much more details.

Details:
DJI FPV
Airspace unrestricted: clear and green
No large airports within 50 miles+
3-17 18:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds a bit like a pilot was showing off, especially if he was that low and hadn't declared an emergency.  too bad you didn't get the tail number of the plane.
3-19 14:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Do you often encounter the error? If so you can sync your flight records and then send us your DJI account so we can check it with the relevant team. Have a great day ahead.
3-20 02:44
Use props
M0rt5h31m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251155 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-20 02:44
Hi there, Do you often encounter the error? If so you can sync your flight records and then send us your DJI account so we can check it with the relevant team. Have a great day ahead.

Hey Tony,
That was the first instance I've ever seen of that message/warning so far. It seemed odd and redundant with all the other typical elevated warnings in red.
I can sync flight records and send info your way, but would need details on how to do so. If you can send a link or how-to I'll get that info over to you.
Thanks!
3-20 18:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

M0rt5h31m Posted at 3-20 18:12
Hey Tony,
That was the first instance I've ever seen of that message/warning so far. It seemed odd and redundant with all the other typical elevated warnings in red.
I can sync flight records and send info your way, but would need details on how to do so. If you can send a link or how-to I'll get that info over to you.

Hi. To sync your flight records, please connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to the DJI Fly app through the following methods:
Method 1: You can connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to a smartphone via an OTG cable and a Type-C or Lightning cable.
Method 2: You can connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to a smartphone via a Type-C to Type-C PD Cable or Type-C to Lightning cable.
When the “sync flight data to the cloud automatically over Wi-Fi and view it on other devices” prompt appears, it is recommended to turn on the automatic synchronization flight record function; it can also be set manually, the main interface [profile]>[Settings]>[Sync Flight Data]>[Auto-flight Records].

Also please send me the DJI account you are using to sign in to the Fly app. I have also sent you a direct message, please kindly check your Forum messages. Thank you very much.
3-23 01:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules