394 25 3-18 04:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cagiva1978
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18510 ft
United States

Hello
i just switched from Mini 3 Pro to a Mini 4 Pro and now I have a problem getting the files off of my sd card.
With the Mini 3 Pro i just inserted the sd card into a reader and my iPad (where i did the editing with iMovie)
found the files as video in the galery.

Now with the Mini 4 Pro i cant see any files/videos after inserting the card reader, also the quick transfer is
not working and on the RC 2 i only see the videos in the cache and not the drone or sd card.
When i use my Laptop i do find the videos on the sd card via the windows explorer and am able to save them to my laptop.

I sometimes also did the editing with clipchamp from microsoft but now the programm needed six hours ! to upload
the five shots I did and also the editing looked like slow motion ...

Is this a settings problem? did the mini 3 pro uses a different resolution or why cant my iPad see the videos at all?

i also formated the SD card with the RC2 hoping it might be a solution, but this did not help.
I am thankful for every idea or hint

christoph
3-18 04:05
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's an Apple problem.
The default app you are using won't recognise DJI's new long filenames and just pretends they don't exist.
If you had a desktop Mac, you could use an app called Finder and it would work properly.
Unfortunately it isn't available for iPads.

3-18 05:32
Use props
cagiva1978
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-18 05:32
It's an Apple problem.
The default app you are using won't recognise DJI's new long filenames and just pretends they don't exist.
If you had a desktop Mac, you could use an app called Finder and it would work properly.

thank you, that is good to know!
would it help to just edit the file names? since my laptop seems to be overloaded with the
videos, i was hoping to cut them with iMovie on my iPad Pro ...
3-18 05:50
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

I tried to rename the Videos with short namens so the iPad would find it. It did not work…
Also my Laptop used to edit the Mini 3 Pro Videos without and delay or Problems, now the Mini 4 Pro Videos Take several hours to even be uploaded to clipchamp.

So far i have to say the mini 4 pro sucks ☹️
3-20 14:53
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

to work out

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 3-20 14:53
I tried to rename the Videos with short namens so the iPad would find it. It did not work…
Also my Laptop used to edit the Mini 3 Pro Videos without and delay or Problems, now the Mini 4 Pro Videos Take several hours to even be uploaded to clipchamp.

I'd say that it's  your Apple device that sucks.
Why does Apple make basic operations so difficult for users to work out?
3-20 15:29
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Shouldn't you be able to save to iPhone or iPad Files and then download later to a desktop?  If on vacation, I'd want to at least save the files in case l lost the drone or sd card.  Using the reader, would I be able to save the day's flight photos/videos to my iPhone and download them later to my desktop where I could use a program that reads DJI files?
3-20 16:47
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, christoph. Thank you for reaching out. Considering that many users found it challenging to quickly locate their materials using the previous naming method, we introduced multifarious extensive functions and applied them to the folder and file naming approach. The optimized presentation and sorting help users better organize and select their materials, offering the following features:
1. Directory and material names can be customized.
2. Materials generated by using advanced modes, such as Pano, Timelapse, and Hyperlapse, can be clearly differentiated.
3. The timestamp information is added to names.
Please try to connect the storage device to the target device via file transfer. You may browse, download, or process materials in File > sd card > DCIM.
3-21 06:07
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

Rustic17 Posted at 3-20 16:47
Shouldn't you be able to save to iPhone or iPad Files and then download later to a desktop?  If on vacation, I'd want to at least save the files in case l lost the drone or sd card.  Using the reader, would I be able to save the day's flight photos/videos to my iPhone and download them later to my desktop where I could use a program that reads DJI files?

The quick transfer recognices the drone but when i am asked to push the power button for 2 sec. nothing happens, and if i push it too long the drone turns off
3-21 08:00
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 06:07
Hi, christoph. Thank you for reaching out. Considering that many users found it challenging to quickly locate their materials using the previous naming method, we introduced multifarious extensive functions and applied them to the folder and file naming approach. The optimized presentation and sorting help users better organize and select their materials, offering the following features:
1. Directory and material names can be customized.
2. Materials generated by using advanced modes, such as Pano, Timelapse, and Hyperlapse, can be clearly differentiated.

Hi Gamora,
i didnt use an Advanced Mode but the files werent to find anywhere…
I renamed the with just a few digits, which brought no result.
I will try the file transfer today but if that Shows no result then i will send it back.

I have no time to search for files somewhere or wait to have acsess to an windows computer.

Sorry
The mini 3 pro just worked fine for now i regret buying the Mini 4 pro
3-21 08:09
Use props
Carl.Swanson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433717 ft
United States

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 3-21 08:09
Hi Gamora,
i didnt use an Advanced Mode but the files werent to find anywhere…
I renamed the with just a few digits, which brought no result.

I haven't used my sd card out of my mini 4 pro in my ipad yet but I've been using it on the last couple trips to backup the footage inbetween flights in case something happens. Open the Files app on the ipad and look in the DCIM folder in the SD Card. Never had it not work... I can test on my own mini 4 and ipad tonight.
3-21 11:18
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

I just used the File App and found the Videos.
Thanks for this work around
3-21 11:43
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

My iPad is able to edit the Videos so for now i have a way to use my drone and edit the data.

Thank you all for the insights and Tipps you really helped me out!
3-21 11:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 3-21 11:44
My iPad is able to edit the Videos so for now i have a way to use my drone and edit the data.

Thank you for the update, fans7d5c5a3b. Glad that you have figured out a work around. Have a safe flight always!
3-25 05:13
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

4-1 01:51
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

Well it took some time to get a few Videos on the drone since we are having storms allmost every day.
Now i have been trying to get those videos via the file manager on to my ipad to edit them in iMovie.

Well after 45min for three videos which are not visible in the galery nor can i find them in iMovie i am done with the Mini4Pro…
The file system is crap and i am Not interested to find a workaround of the workaround

The mini3pro just work as intented and the 4 is just a mess and i will try to give it back and get money returned.

Thanks again for your help.
4-1 01:52
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

A rea

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 4-1 01:52
Well it took some time to get a few Videos on the drone since we are having storms allmost every day.
Now i have been trying to get those videos via the file manager on to my ipad to edit them in iMovie.

Well after 45min for three videos which are not visible in the galery nor can i find them in iMovie i am done with the Mini4Pro…
The file system is crap and i am Not interested to find a workaround of the workaround

There is nothing wrong with the drone.
The problem is that Apple and their software make their users too dumb to carry out the most basic operations.

4-1 06:59
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

Labroides Posted at 4-1 06:59
There is nothing wrong with the drone.

Might be true but with the min3pro i never had any problems…
And to change ipad or laptop seems unadäquat just to get the videos off of the drone.
4-1 07:08
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 4-1 07:08
Might be true but with the min3pro i never had any problems…
And to change ipad or laptop seems unadäquat just to get the videos off of the drone.

Why not install IMovie on the IMac? Use it for the editing.
4-1 08:53
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

I only have an iPad pro and my lenovo Laptop…
I just moved the Videos through different folders on my iPad. Even the iMovie folder itself but i couldnt find them via the App …
It just sucks
4-1 09:37
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 4-1 09:37
I only have an iPad pro and my lenovo Laptop…
I just moved the Videos through different folders on my iPad. Even the iMovie folder itself but i couldnt find them via the App …
It just sucks

What sucks is:
1.  Apple give you a default file manager that doesn't have the flexibility to accept longer file names.
2.  You don't have the flexibility to realise that you are able to use alternative file managers, rather than the limited one that Apple gave you.

You could go to the app store and try some of the file managers there to see if you can find one that does what you want.
4-1 15:00
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-1 15:00
What sucks is:
1.  Apple give you a default file manager that doesn't have the flexibility to accept longer file names.
2.  You don't have the flexibility to realise that you are able to use alternative file managers, rather than the limited one that Apple gave you.

thanks for your charming comment, well I could import the videos to the iPad via the file manager and am also able to watch them when opening them directly in the file manager.
BUT i cant get them into the gallery so that iMovie would find them...    I even tried to save the videos directly into the iMovie file, shown in the file manager, with the same result.
The movies are only shown in the file manager and nowhere else.

And yes ist sucks, for that i just had to use a card reader and import all of my videos to that iPad gallery and where able to see/edit them, when I was using the Mini3Pro!
4-1 22:27
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

I just got off the phone with dji support and it seems that the Codec HVC1 or H.265 is the Problem. The Apple Gallery and iMovie only Support H.264 or HECV…

I there a n Option to Change Settings of the Mini4Pro??

Tranks for the help!
4-2 08:06
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just started shooting with the Mini4 Pro this past week. I decided to try DaVinci Resolve on my iPad Pro M1 11 inch.  

I removed the micro SD from the drone, put it in a USB C card reader that was plugged into the iPad. I transferred the files in 2 different ways. One used the File Manager on the iPad. The other was to import using Resolves import function. Resolve can be used with the free version of the app. It’s a professional tool.

Of course I also put a copy on my MacStudio on multiple drives. Yep, I’m Mr. Backup

I’d recommend this work flow.

Good Luck!
4-2 14:16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans7d5c5a3b Posted at 4-2 08:06
I just got off the phone with dji support and it seems that the Codec HVC1 or H.265 is the Problem. The Apple Gallery and iMovie only Support H.264 or HECV…

I there a n Option to Change Settings of the Mini4Pro??

Is there an Option to Change Settings of the Mini4Pro??

Of course there is.
Have you looked for it?
4-2 15:44
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-2 14:16
I just started shooting with the Mini4 Pro this past week. I decided to try DaVinci Resolve on my iPad Pro M1 11 inch.  

I removed the micro SD from the drone, put it in a USB C card reader that was plugged into the iPad. I transferred the files in 2 different ways. One used the File Manager on the iPad. The other was to import using Resolves import function. Resolve can be used with the free version of the app. It’s a professional tool.

Thank you, I will check for the app.
4-2 22:16
Use props
fans7d5c5a3b
lvl.1
Austria

Labroides Posted at 4-2 15:44
Is there an Option to Change Settings of the Mini4Pro??
Of course there is.
Have you looked for it?

I mean if i have the possibility to use a video mode that offers the H.264/HEVC codec...
Of course i have seen the video options in 4k 60fps and so on but which one of those uses the codec?
4-2 22:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules