Anomaly in Osmo Pocket 3 Follow mode - Gimbal suddenly pans
170 4 3-18 07:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carlos_Fig
lvl.1
Portugal

Greetings.

I've used my Osmo Pocket 1 for many years (and still do) in the Slow Follow mode to shoot both horizontal and vertical pans.

Recently I bought the Osmo Pocket 3 due to its increased sensor size and better low light performance.

After some testing I found that while doing vertical pans with the camera, the same way I did them with the Osmo Pocket 1 - slowly tilting the camera upwards - the Osmo Pocket 3 doesn't automatically follow a straight path up, suddenly turning towards one of the sides.

I'm not using the joystick to do these vertical tilts for it turns the gimbal up/down too quickly and I want a smooth motion. I'm moving the camera slightly and slowly upwards expecting it to follow that motion (like the Osmo Pocket 1 did before) but it often turns violently to one side.

These two short videos are examples of that behaviour:

Example 1:
The camera suddenly pans left while turning it upwards.

Example 2:
The camera suddently pans right while moving it slowly upwards.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there any option that I have to select in the device settings so that it stops doing this?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

3-18 07:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Carlos_Fig. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
3-19 03:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Carlos_Fig. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team confirmed that this is a normal phenomenon, when the tilt angle is large (When holding at an angle and the Roll and YAW angles are large), that will automatically return to center (Because the gimbal will exit flashlight mode). Hope this helps.
3-20 04:47
Use props
Carlos_Fig
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-20 04:47
Hi, Carlos_Fig. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team confirmed that this is a normal phenomenon, when the tilt angle is large (When holding at an angle and the Roll and YAW angles are large), that will automatically return to center (Because the gimbal will exit flashlight mode). Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply.

In this case what can I do to avoid this behaviour while doing a vertical panorama (for instance filming a tall building)? Is there anything I can change in the settings to avoid this recentering?
3-20 15:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Carlos_Fig Posted at 3-20 15:03
Thank you for the reply.

In this case what can I do to avoid this behaviour while doing a vertical panorama (for instance filming a tall building)? Is there anything I can change in the settings to avoid this recentering?

Hi, Carlos_Fig. It is recommended to not hold the camera at an angle when shooting (do not tilt the product). We apologize if we do not have settings can avoid this phenomenon as this is gimbal limitation. But we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
3-22 02:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules