Waypoint settings : What does "back to start" exactly mean?
302 8 3-18 09:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolfgang Ernst
lvl.1
Germany

When it comes to the waypoint settings, I have a question about the dedicated setting what the drone should do at the last waypoint "End of Flight". Options here are "RTH", "hover", "stop" or "back to start". RTH is a secure return feature. What exactly does “back to start” mean? Does this mean the drone will fly the same waypoint route but backwards? Or does it take the shortest route to the starting point, which does not necessarily have to be obstacle-free and can be critical?
3-18 09:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Wolfgang Ernst. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
3-20 05:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Wolfgang Ernst. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
3-26 02:38
Use props
Wolfgang Ernst
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-26 02:38
Hi, Wolfgang Ernst. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.

sorry, but what is "DM"? It likely stands for any kind of message, but I didn't get any, e.g. no Email.
3-27 10:07
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Wolfgang Ernst Posted at 3-27 10:07
sorry, but what is "DM"? It likely stands for any kind of message, but I didn't get any, e.g. no Email.

Under the avatar you will see Add Friend and Personal Message. Tap that one.
3-27 10:51
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

I would also like to know what back to start means.
3-27 12:18
Use props
Wolfgang Ernst
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks, Dirty Bird, I already was afraid that "Back to Start" would mean straight back via the shortest route. I think it would make more sense if there was a function like "Back on the same route via the same waypoints as the outward flight".
3-27 22:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wolfgang Ernst Posted at 3-27 10:07

No worries, Wolfgang. It's a Direct Message. Please click the Personal Message under my account details like the one from this screenshot:
3-27 23:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wolfgang Ernst Posted at 3-27 22:42
Thanks, Dirty Bird, I already was afraid that "Back to Start" would mean straight back via the shortest route. I think it would make more sense if there was a function like "Back on the same route via the same waypoints as the outward flight".

We're sorry to know that this is not what you wanted. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
4-3 06:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules