Blown Out Highlights
284 9 3-18 20:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doceric
lvl.1

Philippines

Good day! I just wanted to bring up a concern about my replaced DJI Pocket 3 unit. My old unit was replaced due to a screen rotation issue, and I got a new one right away. But as soon as I started using it, I noticed a significant difference in dynamic range compared to my previous unit. My new replaced Pocket 3 can't handle highlights well anymore; they always seem blown out, unlike my old unit, which I used for several months and was much better at handling highlights. Just so you know, both units have the same firmware update. I'll include a link to a sample video from my old unit compared to my new replaced one.

https://youtu.be/Pr3kQ4H0Cjg - This is my Youtube video using my old unit.

https://youtu.be/Rb92jpRB4WQ - This is the video taken from the replaced unit.

I just wanted to point out that the sun is even harsher in the first video using my old unit compared to the sample video from the replaced unit. I'm really not satisfied with this unit they gave me. Could it be a lemon unit? Even my old smartphone with a very small sensor can handle highlights much better compared to my Pocket 3. Please help.

3-18 20:37
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know where did you send in the device? DJI service center or you local authorized one? You could provide us the case number or serial number, and we will help you to further check. Looking forward to your reply!
3-18 22:16
Use props
doceric
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 3-18 22:16
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know where did you send in the device? DJI service center or you local authorized one? You could provide us the case number or serial number, and we will help you to further check. Looking forward to your reply!

It was replaced from our local authorized DJI Service center here in Manila, Philippines. I will check the serial number later when I get home.
3-18 23:42
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

doceric Posted at 3-18 23:42
It was replace from our local authorized DJI Service center here in Manila, Philippines. I will check the serial number later when I get home.

Sure. Waiting for your update.
3-18 23:43
Use props
doceric
lvl.1

Philippines

Based on the first video, if you notice, there isn't even a single highlight that was blown out, even when I'm in the shade.
3-18 23:43
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Some people believe the OP3's Auto Exposure overexposes many scenes, so they manually set the Exposure Compensation to -0.3.
Is it possible that was done on the old unit and not the new one?
3-19 02:57
Use props
doceric
lvl.1

Philippines

snoopx Posted at 3-19 02:57
Some people believe the OP3's Auto Exposure overexposes many scenes, so they manually set the Exposure Compensation to -0.3.
Is it possible that was done on the old unit and not the new one?

The same settings were used on both the old unit and the replaced unit. I kept it on the same auto exposure in Pro mode. I noticed the difference right away because I've been using my old unit for 4 months, and I really love the dynamic range it offers. So, the difference between the two was very noticeable to me because I'm so familiar with how my old unit performed. Now, the new unit can only show the colors of the sky when it's almost dark. But during the daytime, the highlights in the sky are always blown out.
3-19 03:42
Use props
doceric
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 3-18 22:16
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know where did you send in the device? DJI service center or you local authorized one? You could provide us the case number or serial number, and we will help you to further check. Looking forward to your reply!

Hello again sir. Here are the device info:

Serial #: 5WTZM1K0021AKK
Firmware Version: 01.03.05.02
Camera Firmware Version: 10.00.27.10

Thanks in advance. I hope this will help.
3-19 05:59
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

doceric Posted at 3-19 05:59
Hello again sir. Here are the device info:

Serial #: 5WTZM1K0021AKK

Thank you for the information. We also received your message from Facebook. We will further check with our relevant team first. Thanks.
3-20 22:21
Use props
doceric
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 3-20 22:21
Thank you for the information. We also received your message from Facebook. We will further check with our relevant team first. Thanks.

Yes sir I also dropped  a message in the DJI FB messenger. I'll wait for any positive outcome.
3-20 23:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules