Air 2S - Video file size
346 4 3-18 23:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GAMALERI
New

South Africa

Hi All
I started to video the field hockey games of my daughter, 4 sections of 15 minutes each is the game.  I am video in 2,7K 30fps MP4 format.  My problem is that every 15 minutes video creates a file size of 3,6GB which take time to download in a PC and it is very difficult to e-mail and impossible to WhatsApp it.  How can I sort out the file size, reduce it and make it easy to send without compromising the quality of the video.

3-18 23:24
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is the issue with video, it can be very large. you might think about using some type of cloud storage and then share file that way. I use OneDrive. Even if you shoot 1 min the file size will be large.
3-19 00:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Run the files through handbrake.fr it will encode them with compression for sharing.  
3-24 07:08
Use props
EllinorWilliam
lvl.2

30fps provides smooth motion, but try lowering it to 24fps or even 15fps, especially for static scenes like breaks in the game. This won't affect quality much for slower movements. Also, you know in DJI, H.264 is a common video codec, but H.265 (HEVC) offers better compression at the same quality level.
4-4 01:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

2.7k @ 30 frames per second. The quality is the quantity. You can't have one without the other. Post it on youtube and share it that way. You wont have to give up quality.
4-13 14:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules