Osmo 6 filming formats using Iphone
216 5 3-19 04:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CheltenhamKen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

On my iphone 13 in the camera settings, it has a drop down list of video recording formats. I choose 1080 HD at 25fps (PAL)
When I use my DJI Osmo 6 with the Mimo app enabled, it seems to use another format other than the one I have selected on the phone camera. Can I not keep it filming at the setting I specified in iphone settings? I am using a lot of my foorage for TV news, and the format above is the one we use. It really helps to shoot in exactly that format, to avoid flicker etc on pans.
I don't want to *not* use the Mimo app as it is excellent and enables me to control zoom/wide, record, etc all on the gimbal handle. Advice appreciated!
3-19 04:17
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

The video parameters set in the iPhone Settings app only apply to the Apple camera app.  Mimo ignores them.  You can set the HD resolution and 25FPS frame rate in the Mimo app itself.  Make sense?
3-20 15:55
Use props
CheltenhamKen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 3-20 15:55
The video parameters set in the iPhone Settings app only apply to the Apple camera app.  Mimo ignores them.  You can set the HD resolution and 25FPS frame rate in the Mimo app itself.  Make sense?

Thank you. It's annoying that Mimo doesn't have the same settings. It is - in my view - a quicker and easier app to use than Filmic Pro (which costs £50 a year!)
3-20 23:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, CheltenhamKen. Sorry about the inconvenience. The resolution options are based on the compatibility between the mobile phone and the DJI Mimo app.

Have a great day ahead.
3-23 00:52
Use props
CheltenhamKen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Many thanks!
3-24 06:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are most welcome, Ken. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Wish you have a wonderful day ahead!
3-31 04:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules