1365 6 3-19 04:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Meta has added Android smartphone app support to their headsets. Imagine using DJI Fly app on a mixed reality headset.
I did not have to imagine, as I did try to sideload the app myself. And the results are amazing! There is no comparison between the Quest 3/Pro type of headset and FPV goggles that feel like analog TVs now.. how much better the video looks in the new VR/MR headsets and how much more comfortable is to fly in Mixed Reality seeing not only the video but your surroundings too.

Sadly, as you will see in the video. I had to do all kinds of workarounds to even get the DJI Fly app video on the headset. DJI please fix your DJI Fly app to support XR2 chip so we could connect straight and use the app in the headset.  
I have contacted Pico company, they have comfirmed DJI app support and that it's up to DJI to fix the in app bugs. Same with Meta they do allow to sideload smartphone apps now. And it's up to DJI to add support for the Quest headsets to properly show camera view.

3-19 04:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We greatly appreciate your valuable suggestion. Please be assured that it will be promptly forwarded to the relevant team for a thorough evaluation. We truly value your patience and continued support.
3-20 01:04
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

^The past.

The future:

3-20 13:26
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

The Saint Posted at 3-20 13:26
^The past.

The future:

yep, it works way better with regular slow mavic drones or even DJI avata flying in normal mode.
3-20 23:35
Use props
djiuser_AIhrsTMcmvG7
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to use Quest 2 as a secondary set of goggles for an audience to watch?
I would love to fly my DJI FPV and have my kid watch it too, without buying another pair of expensive drone goggles..
3-31 09:07
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

djiuser_AIhrsTMcmvG7 Posted at 3-31 09:07
Is there a way to use Quest 2 as a secondary set of goggles for an audience to watch?
I would love to fly my DJI FPV and have my kid watch it too, without buying another pair of expensive drone goggles..

yes, you can mirror your goggles to the iPhone by connecting it with a USB cable to the goggles.
Then just mirror your iPhone's screen to the Quest 2 headset using AirPlay
3-31 09:43
Use props
djiuser_AIhrsTMcmvG7
lvl.1

United States

Originalas Posted at 3-31 09:43
yes, you can mirror your goggles to the iPhone by connecting it with a USB cable to the goggles.
Then just mirror your iPhone's screen to the Quest 2 headset using AirPlay

Interesting. I wonder if that works with Android phones too.
Thank you.
3-31 14:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules