Question: ND filters, DJI or Freewell ones?
330 6 3-19 07:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QSmally
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463264 ft
Netherlands

I've gotten ND filters for all my drones as of now but it's interesting with the Air 3 and its two (different focal length) cameras.

Freewell's split ones have different densities on the 24 vs. 70 mm lenses.
Do the DJI ones have that?
If you use ND filters for the Air 3, which set do you have?
3-19 07:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Freewell ND filters on all my drones.  I bought the Split ND 4 pack for my Air 3.  Freewell filters seem to be really well made and fit perfectly.  
3-19 14:20
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I bought the Freewell split ND's 4 pack just because at the time that was all they had in August 2023 when I bought my drone and they work great. I shoot video almost always and the 16/32 works great with minimal camera settings changes. If they had the individual 16/32 I would have got just the one since I knew that was more than likely  the one ND filter I'd  use 99% of the time. I don’t know if any others make them yet but can’t go wrong with a good name brand filter company. The last I looked DJI doesn’t have them.
3-19 18:11
Use props
Topscooby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177976 ft
United Kingdom

I have the Freewell Bright Day pack for my Air 3…and they are excellent. Wouldn’t be without them.
Hope this helps.

Andy
3-19 19:53
Use props
QSmally
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks DowntownRDB, Wyldwestaz10, Topscooby! Freewell is rather well known in the DJI community (and others) for good reason, I guess
3-20 07:44
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Freewell ND split is perfect, I also use it... I do not know how DJI was not so smart to make split filters, probably the designer is ZERO in photography and videography... ))))
3-21 01:43
Use props
QSmally
lvl.2
Netherlands

Geo_Drone Posted at 3-21 01:43
Freewell ND split is perfect, I also use it... I do not know how DJI was not so smart to make split filters, probably the designer is ZERO in photography and videography... ))))

Mine just arrived! My only dislike about it is that the original DJI glass lens cover doesn't fit in the case that Freewell gives you, but I like the magnetic close lol
3-22 02:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules