Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 02:20
Hopefully, you'll never have to put up with remoteID.  

It seems some have found a hack to spoof their RC location already.

Well, if it means people know where I am when I'm flying, I'm ok with that.
3-28 02:28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 02:19
It seems the DJI smart batteries don't have an issue with the high wattage chargers.

You would say so for that price.
3-28 02:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 02:28
Well, if it means people know where I am when I'm flying, I'm ok with that.

Many differing feelings about that here.  There have been drone pilots accosted by disgruntled passerbys.  Seems lots of people feel their privacy is being invaded by seeing a drone flying nearby.  They don't take into account the millions of surveillance cameras mounted everywhere that are constantly taking their pictures. You don't see them taking a baseball bat to any of those cameras but they don't mind coming after a drone pilot.   
3-28 02:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 02:29
You would say so for that price.

That's very true.  At least the DJI batteries do last for a long time.  
3-28 02:46
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 02:46
That's very true.  At least the DJI batteries do last for a long time.

Yeah, I only find it worrysome that the warranty expires after very few charges. (I don't remember exactly, but I though something like 50)
3-28 02:49
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 02:45
Many differing feelings about that here.  There have been drone pilots accosted by disgruntled passerbys.  Seems lots of people feel their privacy is being invaded by seeing a drone flying nearby.  They don't take into account the millions of surveillance cameras mounted everywhere that are constantly taking their pictures. You don't see them taking a baseball bat to any of those cameras but they don't mind coming after a drone pilot.

From my personal experience, being out there in the open is the best. They can ask questions and know who is flying there. Which takes away part of the issue.
3-28 02:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 02:49
Yeah, I only find it worrysome that the warranty expires after very few charges. (I don't remember exactly, but I though something like 50)

I've got 173 charges on one of my Mini 2 batteries.  It still holds a full charge but you do get a battery nag.  Don't remember what the nag says exactly.  
3-28 03:11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 03:11
I've got 173 charges on one of my Mini 2 batteries.  It still holds a full charge but you do get a battery nag.  Don't remember what the nag says exactly.

That is quite the amount.
My Mavic Pro batteries also had a lot of charges.
My Mini 2 did not, I did most of the flying with the MP.
3-28 03:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 02:50
From my personal experience, being out there in the open is the best. They can ask questions and know who is flying there. Which takes away part of the issue.

Sounds like a much better situation than what you get here with all the crazy Karens and Kens around.  Most of the Karens and Kens don't ask questions but just go straight to verbal abuse and sometimes physical abuse of drone pilots.   This is why I like to fly on my own property but when I do fly other places I will always be doing concealed carry to protect against life threatening situations.   
3-28 03:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 03:12
That is quite the amount.
My Mavic Pro batteries also had a lot of charges.
My Mini 2 did not, I did most of the flying with the MP.

I bought the Mini 2 used and it had quite a few charges on the batteries already.  However, it has been through training 3 grandkids how to fly drones so I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it.  
3-28 03:20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 03:20
I bought the Mini 2 used and it had quite a few charges on the batteries already.  However, it has been through training 3 grandkids how to fly drones so I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it.

Oh yes, that is a great starting drone.
3-28 03:24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 03:17
Sounds like a much better situation than what you get here with all the crazy Karens and Kens around.  Most of the Karens and Kens don't ask questions but just go straight to verbal abuse and sometimes physical abuse of drone pilots.   This is why I like to fly on my own property but when I do fly other places I will always be doing concealed carry to protect against life threatening situations.

Yeah, that is a cultural difference I guess. Although we also have these people for sure.
3-28 03:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 03:24
Oh yes, that is a great starting drone.

It really was.  I got it for such a cheap price I wasn't worried about them maybe crashing it.  They did have a few minor learning lessons but nothing that a new prop couldn't take care of.  I still have it but just don't fly it much any more.  I really have too many drones so I need to look at donating some of them to the local high school for use in their STEM classes.  
3-28 03:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 03:25
Yeah, that is a cultural difference I guess. Although we also have these people for sure.

For sure we do have a diverse mix of cultures here in the US and unfortunately, lately there have been many differences aired out..  
3-28 03:43
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 03:43
For sure we do have a diverse mix of cultures here in the US and unfortunately, lately there have been many differences aired out..

Yeah, the shift is noticeable here too.
3-28 03:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 03:40
It really was.  I got it for such a cheap price I wasn't worried about them maybe crashing it.  They did have a few minor learning lessons but nothing that a new prop couldn't take care of.  I still have it but just don't fly it much any more.  I really have too many drones so I need to look at donating some of them to the local high school for use in their STEM classes.

That would be nice indeed.
I'm good for now with one drone.
I even though about selling it, since I really don't use it often.
But decided to keep it for now.
3-28 03:54
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 03:53
Yeah, the shift is noticeable here too.

Sometimes it is hard to adjust to the "growing pains of population expansion" occurring.  
3-28 13:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 03:54
That would be nice indeed.
I'm good for now with one drone.
I even though about selling it, since I really don't use it often.

Worked out good.  I contacted the STEM teacher at the local high school and he said he'd gladly accept.  So I donated a Mini 1 and the Mini 2.  so when I took them in and we talked a bit he invited me to come back and address the students in his Advanced STEM class.  
3-28 13:27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 13:25
Sometimes it is hard to adjust to the "growing pains of population expansion" occurring.

Yeah. Plus the tendency seems to be that everybody feels he has the right to 'speak up for himself' and defend his 'rights'.
Where I think a lot of the current problems start with believing we have 'rights'.
I think we mainly have obligations and few rights. Nothing we can earn.
We do have privileges. Even if we have worked hard for them.
If you treat everything like this, I feel there will be a lot less 'bad' in this world.  
3-28 23:45
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 13:27
Worked out good.  I contacted the STEM teacher at the local high school and he said he'd gladly accept.  So I donated a Mini 1 and the Mini 2.  so when I took them in and we talked a bit he invited me to come back and address the students in his Advanced STEM class.

That is superb!
3-28 23:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 23:45
Yeah. Plus the tendency seems to be that everybody feels he has the right to 'speak up for himself' and defend his 'rights'.
Where I think a lot of the current problems start with believing we have 'rights'.
I think we mainly have obligations and few rights. Nothing we can earn.

Makes perfect sense Peter.  
3-29 01:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I'm excited to be able to talk to the class.   Could be a challenge during Q&A as they are all extremely smart students (they are taking all advanced placement classes).  
3-29 01:59
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 01:59
I'm excited to be able to talk to the class.   Could be a challenge during Q&A as they are all extremely smart students (they are taking all advanced placement classes).

That sounds interesting!
3-29 02:02
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 01:56
Makes perfect sense Peter.

Now let's try and put the money where the mouth is
3-29 02:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-29 02:02
That sounds interesting!

I'm excited for the opportunity and hopefully up for the challenge.  
3-29 02:14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-29 02:03
Now let's try and put the money where the mouth is

3-29 02:14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 02:14
I'm excited for the opportunity and hopefully up for the challenge.

I'm sure you are!
3-29 02:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I'll try to remember to post on how the classroom visit goes.  He said he'd give me a call after Easter break to set up a day and time.  
3-29 02:56
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 02:56
I'll try to remember to post on how the classroom visit goes.  He said he'd give me a call after Easter break to set up a day and time.

Yeah, nice!
3-29 03:03
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice and light for sure.
3-30 02:51
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 01:59

That must be fun
3-30 04:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules