Can not lock on to Subject (quickshots/active track)
243 10 3-19 09:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 3 Pro Cine. Everything is updated included the proRC. DJI verified over the phone that everything is up to date (including DJIFLY)
I can no longer lock on to a subject in quickshots or active track. It says subject lost. I am able to do it all with my original Mavic 3 that I also own, but the Mavic 3 pro cine will not lock on. I also get brief intermittent video transmission lost. This often wrecks a hyperlapse because it stops when the signal is cut off.  I called DJI and still have not received the email they said they were going to send to me (that was two days ago).. They are requiring a video of what I am describing and picture of the controller showing that everything is updated as I discribed on the phone.

Over the phone the person said that the tracking subject toggle should be on. When I take off it is off. I turn it on and when I try quickshots and it fails to lock on, the toggle is off again.  I didnt think that toggle had anything to do with this, but they claimed it shouldnt be doing that.

The drone is less than a year old. Purchased in July 2023 so I should be able to get DJI to repair or replace it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?   Any ideas on a possible fix? I have thought about trying to roll back to old firmware. I cant see how this could hurt anything.

Thanks for any help!

DJI REP..  HOW LONG UNTIL I GET THE EMAIL FROM DJI? I WAS told I would get it and then respond to that email with videos and pics of the issue.
3-19 09:57
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have gotten this when the light is low.  If this is a Mavic 3 then I think you noted the wrong app above.  It is Fly not the GoFly app.  
3-19 10:12
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-19 10:12
I have gotten this when the light is low.  If this is a Mavic 3 then I think you noted the wrong app above.  It is Fly not the GoFly app.

thanks correct djifly.   I'm using the correct app. Its the pro rc
3-19 10:19
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-19 10:12

I wish it was low light. It will not work at all. Im also not using an ND filter. I have heard some people say they had similar  issues when using them.
3-19 10:21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We're able to locate your email through your forum account, we will forward it to the corresponding team and ask them to reply to your email asap. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
3-20 23:10
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 23:10
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We're able to locate your email through your forum account, we will forward it to the corresponding team and ask them to reply to your email asap. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I called last Sunday.. It has been total confusion since then. They said it had to do with the subject tracking toggle switch. I dont think it has anything to do with that. Thats not for quick shots or active track. The email I did get back was all about thAT. I called just now and the person on the phone started talking about my flyaway!   I never said I had a flyaway..     I just get subject lost every time I try to lock on.. in quick shots and active track. I also get short intermittent loss of video trans. which stops any hyperlapse I am doing.. Happens every other flight... or more..    They originally told me to send a video and pictures. Now they want flight logs. Why not just ask for them from the beginning instead of dragging this out for a. week?    This is lousy customer service.   
3-22 06:00
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJMik Posted at 3-22 06:00
I called last Sunday.. It has been total confusion since then. They said it had to do with the subject tracking toggle switch. I dont think it has anything to do with that. Thats not for quick shots or active track. The email I did get back was all about thAT. I called just now and the person on the phone started talking about my flyaway!   I never said I had a flyaway..     I just get subject lost every time I try to lock on.. in quick shots and active track. I also get short intermittent loss of video trans. which stops any hyperlapse I am doing.. Happens every other flight... or more..    They originally told me to send a video and pictures. Now they want flight logs. Why not just ask for them from the beginning instead of dragging this out for a. week?    This is lousy customer service.

We are deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience. We understand your frustration very well. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team and ask them to pay close attention to your email and reply to you asap.
3-22 06:38
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-22 06:38
We are deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience. We understand your frustration very well. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team and ask them to pay close attention to your email and reply to you asap.

This is day 12 .  No resolution.  Engineers tried to say I was too low for quick shots to work. I sent more videos in from higher. No explanation of videovtrans loss. I also sent logs and times of occurrence in .  Finally yesterday at 8am I received an email saying dji would take it in for testing if I wanted. Respond and they would give my shipping info.  It is now 24 hours later and I have not received any info.  I’m really worried and hesitant to send it in.   This is the second time I have had to deal with a drone less than a year old malfunctioning.  Dji really drags their feet..
3-28 05:27
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am still waiting. Finally DJI wants to test the drone. IN the mean time I clicked on repair and instantly got a UPS shipping and tracking info. I should have done that to begin with. Now I am concerned that having called and clicked on repair might cause two case numbers to be generated and more confusion.  I hope the testing and repairs goes faster than the customer service I have experienced since 3/17. The reason I called initially was because I hoped there was something I could do to fix issue. It seemed like a firmware kind of thing.  That's the only reason I called, but now I wish I had just clicked that repair button and sent it in. What a mess.  Two weeks of nonsense. I probably would have had my drone or a replacement back by now if I had not called lol..
3-28 08:55
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJMik Posted at 3-28 05:27
This is day 12 .  No resolution.  Engineers tried to say I was too low for quick shots to work. I sent more videos in from higher. No explanation of videovtrans loss. I also sent logs and times of occurrence in .  Finally yesterday at 8am I received an email saying dji would take it in for testing if I wanted. Respond and they would give my shipping info.  It is now 24 hours later and I have not received any info.  I’m really worried and hesitant to send it in.   This is the second time I have had to deal with a drone less than a year old malfunctioning.  Dji really drags their feet..

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. We managed to locate the case you created and noticed that the shipping label has been sent to you. May I confirm if you've received it?
3-30 01:16
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Received an email from DJI saying that I needed a new gimbal motor to fix gimbal motor overload message that really had occurred since it was new.., but my first and main concerns were not mentioned!  I had to call AGAIN and ask that the active track/quickshots tracking/locking on issue be addressed.  Then I had to wait again. Eventually they said the GPS module also- needed replacement. The at the bottom it said repair/replace. They even showed me the cost of each part., but I ended up with a different drone. Seems new.. All in all a very difficult experience and the same one I had last time I had to get a drone fixed while still under warranty.   The most frustrating part is how disconnected DJI is from the repair place in Texas. You call and then have to wait and wait while they try to communicate with TEXAS .   If my drone wasn't under a year old I would have brought it to Camrise in NYC and had it back in a week..  This took three weeks and almost two weeks of that was just total confusion. Another note... do not call DJI to start a repair. Do the service request on their site so that you get a case number right away and you will get a shipping label right away. This will save you a week or more...
4-17 07:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules