SAMSUNG S3 Go app compatibility
6375 7 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biglewey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3530 ft
United Kingdom

Has anybody got Go app working on samsung s3 phone and Phant 3 Std. Mine does except video feed breaks up when camera on video but its ok on photo setting? Annoying cos i hsve an s3 i could use dedicated  to my phonton3 Std
2015-9-12
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/download

The S3 isn't a supported device. Do you want to risk losing or damaging your P3, or worse, losing control of it and flying it into a crowd? It's extremely likely that the S3 does not have enough processing power to cope with the demands of the DJI Go app.
2015-9-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

You can use with S3 after downgrading a google play services, but vide feed will not be perfectly fluent on this smartphone, however it will work. I have it, i tested it.
Definately S3 is not good solution for FPV flying. S4 (stripped from bloatware and downgraded google play services of course) is OK.
2015-9-15
Use props
biglewey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3530 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks.

Ive got an old S3 with no apps apart from DJI Go. Video works OK when camera is in still photo mode but breaks up badly when in video mode. So it seesm this is just too much...shame. I use an S5 for everyday so I could have used the S3 dedicated to the task.
2015-9-21
Use props
dvdrgibson
New

United Kingdom

Video feed break-up
2016-1-3
Use props
dvdrgibson
New

United Kingdom

Had a look at the video feed glitching issue with the Samsung S3. The video breaks up in Camera view when you switch between still mode and video mode. If you have a stable stiil feed and switch to video, the image breaks up. Equally, if you have a stable  video camera feed and you flip to still mode, the still  feed will break up. The problem appears to be video mode initialisation when in camera mode. The work-around is to change the video/still mode when in camera view.(the video image will break up). Then press esc/goback to exit camera view and return to the copter screen. Re-enter camera view. (the .
2016-1-3
Use props
dvdrgibson
New

United Kingdom

When you re-enter camera mode the new video mode will be stable. This works for both an unstable still feed or video feed. Hope this helps.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you do not use a device that is in the DJI list than your device may or may not work. The GO app is extremely powerful and needs a lot of processing power. Also, turn off any background running apps and that will help a lot.
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules