412 10 3-19 19:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249101 ft
Australia

Hello all,
I was flying my mini 3 pro this morning at an altitude of 253 meters over a beach, the drone suddenly disconnected from the Dji rc (with no warning e.g laggy connection or the usual "adust antennas" the connection bars at the top of the screen where full meaning I had good connection) the RTH function soon kicked in ,but usually on the way to its home point I would regain connection and could keep flying but this was not the case. It started to land nearly hitting a tree on the way down seeing that the RC was not connected I could not manuver away from the tree and the pause button would not work but it still landed safely about 20cm away from the tree. Once I hade retrieved the drone I sat it down next to the RC and it still would not connect it just showed a black and white screen with the signals at the top written in red. I turned off both the drone and RC and powered them on again they connected fine this time and I could fly it.

(I have flown it at 500m with great connection before)

I would greatly appreciate any advice,help or information about the malfunction
3-19 19:47
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Learn from the experience and don't have your homepoint anywhere close to trees or anywhere else you don't want the drone autolanding.
You might benefit from learning the altitude rules too.
3-19 23:24
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Labroides gave you the right advice, always choose an open place to start.
An uncontrolled malfunction of the remote control may have occurred.
You can upload a log file so that we can look at the flight parameters, but if the remote control is frozen, then the logs will not help.
3-20 00:28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Did you take 48MP photos at that moment?
3-20 06:03
Use props
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Australia

Yes!,I was taking 48mega pixel photos!
3-20 14:00
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

3-20 14:28
Use props
Zachari mckay
lvl.2
Australia

What is sad about taking 48MP ?
3-20 14:35
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Zachari mckay Posted at 3-20 14:35
What is sad about taking 48MP ?

It has been reported in past that other people also faced sudden disconnection issue when taking 48mp images, in some cases the drone fell off the sky after sudden disconnection moments after shooting 48mp dng.

The sad emoji is probably an expression which mini 3 pro user want this problem to be sorted out by Dji but its still happening......hence the sadness.
3-20 17:57
Use props
Andrea MV3Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 913110 ft
Italy

Good morning everyone, I'm Andrea, I don't know if this is the right channel, I wanted to open a new post about a problem....more than a problem, I wanted to know if anyone had managed to record in explore mode with the Mavic 3 pro without go through all 3 lenses... let me explain... is there a way to record in explore mode and use the 28x zoom and record using only the first 4/3 lens? thank you all and forgive me if you can't understand... I'm translating online.
3-21 06:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Zachari mckay. Thank you for reaching out. At present, it can only be seen from the details you have provided that there are some abnormalities, but the specific cause cannot be determined. If a detailed analysis of the cause is required, you will need to provide the specific abnormal time when the accident occurred, as well as the  Flight Controller Aircraft Data and APP log. It will be more helpful to use flight records or screen recording materials as well to assist judgment.

App Log export from DJI RC:
The app log cannot be exported by directly connecting DJI RC to access the file folder. Please try connecting DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series) to export logs, and the app log is included in the log exported from the software.
Method: After DJI RC is connected to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series), click “Log Export”, select the log to be exported, and click “Save To Local".

Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:https://www.dji.com/downloads
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

To export flight records:
1. Before v01.00.0300, it is not allowed to directly export flight records and simplified flight data. To check flight records, recommend users to connect the Internet and synchronize flight records to the server, and provide the corresponding DJI account.
2. For DJI RC v01.00.0300 and later, it is available to connect a PC MTP USB device to copy and paste flight records.

Once the app log/s has been copied, please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your time and cooperation.
3-21 07:22
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Zachari mckay Posted at 3-20 14:00
Yes!,I was taking 48mega pixel photos!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270617
3-21 08:03
Use props
Advanced