391 14 3-19 20:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So, I noticed that if my 3 x Mavic 3 Pro batteries are left fully charged for a week then the 4th battery light will start flashing during this time, this works correctly but my Air 3 batteries, if fully charged the same time has Mavic 3 and checked after 1 week, all battery lights are still full. Does the Air 3 not do the auto discharge like the Mavic 3 Pro? When i checked it in the app, the Mavic battery level is at 79% but Air 3 is 97%.  
Dji should bring back the battery auto discharge days like we used to have previously.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 17.40.00.png
3-19 20:42
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They should bring back the user defined battery discharge schedule. They keep the batteries fully charged for too long doing damage to the batteries.
3-20 03:55
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

bjr981s Posted at 3-20 03:55
They should bring back the user defined battery discharge schedule. They keep the batteries fully charged for too long doing damage to the batteries.

I agree 100%
3-20 08:46
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If Air battery is idle for 3 days it will reduce to 96% thats what you seen, after 9 days it will reduce to 60%.

The batteries are safe once they reduce to 96% and then to 60%.
The problem with controlling them was if you left them over a week fully charged they were prone to swelling particularly in warm temperatures.
The did try reducing to 95% after 24 hours but many complained and there was no need to reduce so quickly. The 9 days seems to work out well for me I dont see any noticeable decline , some people don’t trust them “understandable “ so would like them down to 60% faster I’m sure this could be achieved in the app.
3-20 11:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will respond to you promptly once we receive an update. We appreciate your understanding.
3-20 21:49
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 11:35
If Air battery is idle for 3 days it will reduce to 96% thats what you seen, after 9 days it will reduce to 60%.

The batteries are safe once they reduce to 96% and then to 60%.

My concern was that both the Mavic and Air 3 were fully charged the same time but the Mavic battery dropped much faster than the Air 3. I just checked again now and it's 95% so it only dropped 1% since this post yesterday. Hopefully after 9 days which is tomorrow, it will at least go to 60% which will reassure me but I preferred the previous setup of me having to select the days of discharge. Hopefully it comes back.
3-20 22:24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 21:49
Hello, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will respond to you promptly once we receive an update. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks, would be great to bring back the feature so that we can select the number of days for the battery to self discharge. It's now 8 days on since full charge and the battery on Air 3 is 95% and Mavic 3 Pro is 65%.
3-20 22:25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 11:35

The batteries are safe once they reduce to 96% and then to 60%.

Unfortunately anytime the battery is above nominal voltage it is doing damage. The higher the voltage above nominal the more damage. It is an exponential damage level so at full charge lots of damage at 75% not so much damage.

Their 95%after 24 hours was ill conceived, most pundits have no idea about how LiPo and LiHv batteries behave when above storage charge. Those of us  that fly helicopters and Fixed wing RC models know to charge the batteries the night before going to the field. And to charge or dischared them to storage charge when returning from the filed. As we know not to leave them fully charged or discharged, but to keep them at storage charge. DJI tried to dictate a setting, give the battery maintenance regime back to the end user. My request of them is to make it a user setting. they did that in the past and it was great. They even had  storage charge setting on the Phantom 4 battery charger. So you could charge the batteries to storage after using them.

DJI sell very expensive batteries, so its in their interest to support the false logic of their customers on battery maintenance.
3-21 05:03
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 21:49
Hello, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will respond to you promptly once we receive an update. We appreciate your understanding.

Paladin Please see my post above.
3-21 05:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Suren Posted at 3-20 22:25
Thanks, would be great to bring back the feature so that we can select the number of days for the battery to self discharge. It's now 8 days on since full charge and the battery on Air 3 is 95% and Mavic 3 Pro is 65%.

Thank you for patiently waiting. We do not recommend performing any operations on the battery during the battery discharging process, otherwise it will interrupt the self-discharging process. Also, the battery discharging function is battery characteristic, all batteries will discharge, so feel free to use it. Please refer to the DJI Air 3 Auto discharging rule below:

The DJI Air 3 battery comes with an auto-discharging function. However, we cannot set it when the auto discharge begins.

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.10.00, Support new self-discharge logic:

Stage 1: When the battery level is higher than 97%, set the self-discharge duration at stage 1 to 3 days and discharge the battery to 96%. Operating the power button does not affect self-discharge.
Stage 2: When the battery level is higher than 70%, set the self-discharge duration at stage 2 to 9 days and discharge the battery to at least 60%. Operating the power button causes the self-discharge duration to be recounted.
Stage 3: When the battery level is lower than 70%, the self-discharge feature is disabled.

3-22 03:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 3-21 05:04
Paladin Please see my post above.

Hello, bjr981s. Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that we will record this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-22 03:50
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 03:50
Hello, bjr981s. Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that we will record this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding and support.

You forgot to mention Stage 4:

Stage 4: Battery monitor circuitry places minor load on battery. If putting in storage ensure you recharge battery after 4 months. If left for 6 to 12 months battery is significantly damaged.

For reference I just did my battery maintenance on my Mavic 3 cine and Mavic 3 pro. It has been 4 months since I last fully charged them.

Mavic 3 pro all 4 batteries below 50%.
Mavic 3 cine 2 batteries below 50%, 2 batteries at 25%.
All 8 batteries at 100% Life.

Also, if you press the battery on button to get the battery charge amount it displays what the Battery monitor / discharge circuit recorded at the point of it discharging of the battery at Stage 3: as described in the above post from DJI. It does not report the current state of charge after Stage3: completes. To do that and get the current state of charge you need to turn the battery on. By itself or in the battery charger or drone. Turning it on in the drone will give you the more accurate reading as it places a load on the battery.

There is a DJI battery maintenance FAQ that states the 3 month period. It advises Discharge to empty (Until drone will not power on) and fully charge again. This does the fully charge after 3 months it also calibrates the Battery charge Fuel guage in the application.

4-2 00:45
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 4-2 00:45
You forgot to mention Stage 4:

Stage 4: Battery monitor circuitry places minor load on battery. If putting in storage ensure you recharge battery after 4 months. If left for 6 to 12 months battery is significantly damaged.

Hello there, bj981s. Thank you for pointing this out. We also appreciate you for sharing the information posted above. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-4 00:13
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-4 00:13
Hello there, bj981s. Thank you for pointing this out. We also appreciate you for sharing the information posted above. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

There is one thing you can do for me. I was a captain with all the rights that, that entailed. I am now a level 4. Why have I been demoted on the website?
4-14 19:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 4-14 19:25
There is one thing you can do for me. I was a captain with all the rights that, that entailed. I am now a level 4. Why have I been demoted on the website?

Thank you for your response, bjr981s. We have updated the DJI Forum level, including adjustments to the point ranges. For more information, you may visit this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=310519. Hope this helps.
4-17 23:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules