Replacing an RC-N2 with an RC 2 controller
432 13 3-20 09:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rDkQmRebkf4e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133294 ft
United States

My Mini 4 Pro came bundled with the RC-N2 controller. Even though it works fine, I find it a bit top-heavy with the iPhone (let alone with an iPad), so I bought a brand-new RC 2 controller (still waiting for it to arrive).
Meanwhile, I'm wondering about these questions:

• Do I need to unpair the RC-N2 first? If so, how? Should I just click Remove Device from Account in DJI Fly on my iPhone? Or do I need to do something else in the RC-N2 itself?
  • Can I have both controllers paired at the same time?
  • Suppose I break one of these controllers while in the field. Will I be able to switch to the other controller without having internet access?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

3-20 09:32
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Answers:
- No, you don’t need to disconnect N 2
- There is no need to remove the device from your account
- No, two remote controls cannot work at the same time
- Yes, at any time you can pair with a new controller in the Fly app
3-20 10:30
Use props
vfontes303
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for your reply!

When you say, "at any time you can pair with a new controller in the Fly app", you're referring to the app on the iPhone, on the RC 2, or both? And does the app need to be connected to the internet to pair and unpair with the aircraft?

Also, just to clarify: when I said "Can I have both controllers paired at the same time?" I meant using only one at a time but being able to seamlessly switch controllers between flights. For example:
  • Take off using RC-N2
  • Land the aircraft
  • Turn off RC-N2 and turn on RC 2
  • Take off using the RC 2

Is this possible, or do I need to unpair the RC-N2 before pairing the RC 2 and vice versa?

3-20 11:42
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

vfontes303 Posted at 3-20 11:42
Thanks for your reply!

When you say, "at any time you can pair with a new controller in the Fly app", you're referring to the app on the iPhone, on the RC 2, or both? And does the app need to be connected to the internet to pair and unpair with the aircraft?

If you switch from one remote control to another, you need to re-pair each time. No internet connection needed.
You cannot switch smoothly without re-pairing. Every time the drone and remote control are paired, they exchange keys and encrypt the communication protocol between themselves. It must be paired when changing the remote control.
3-20 13:08
Use props
vfontes303
lvl.1
Brazil

Super helpful, thank you so much!
3-20 13:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to the response below:

Do I need to unpair the RC-N2 first? If so, how? Should I just click Remove Device from Account in DJI Fly on my iPhone? Or do I need to do something else in the RC-N2 itself?
You can bind/link one drone to multiple remote controllers, but it should be one at a time. Therefore, you must repeat the unbinding process each time you switch controllers.

Can I have both controllers paired at the same time?
You can only use one controller at a time

Suppose I break one of these controllers while in the field. Will I be able to switch to the other controller without having internet access?
To bind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft are connected. Then please refer to the below path to bind the remote controller. The path is:

Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device.
3-20 20:31
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:31

Do I need to unpair the RC-N2 first? If so, how? Should I just click Remove Device from Account in DJI Fly on my iPhone? Or do I need to do something else in the RC-N2 itself?

To bind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected
You don't need the Internet to pair the remote control and the drone! Don't be misled!

3-20 23:08
Use props
vfontes303
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:31

You mentioned having to go to Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device on DJI Fly, but I currently don't see this option:
IMG_74BB05B7A275-1.jpeg

3-21 06:21
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

vfontes303 Posted at 3-21 06:21
You mentioned having to go to Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device on DJI Fly, but I currently don't see this option:
[view_image]

Unfortunately, the Administrator gave you the wrong answer. You need to go to the Control option and at the bottom - Re-pair with the drone
3-21 10:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Serg SSA Posted at 3-20 23:08
To bind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected
You don't need the Internet to pair the remote control and the drone! Don't be misled!

Hello, Serg SSA. Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the confusion. The response is all about binding and unbinding the remote controller and not linking. Please note that binding/unbinding is different from linking the remote controller. The image below shows how to link the remote controller (not binding) and indeed internet is not needed when re-linking the remote controller. Hope this clarifies your query.
Binding: https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper

Linking: https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper  

3-22 03:59
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 03:59
Hello, Serg SSA. Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the confusion. The response is all about binding and unbinding the remote controller and not linking. Please note that binding/unbinding is different from linking the remote controller. The image below shows how to link the remote controller (not binding) and indeed internet is not needed when re-linking the remote controller. Hope this clarifies your query.

[view_image]
You were wrong again.
I didn’t ask the question but answered, because you didn’t understand it and gave the wrong answer, I corrected you)))
3-22 04:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

vfontes303 Posted at 3-21 06:21
You mentioned having to go to Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Bind New Device on DJI Fly, but I currently don't see this option:
[view_image]

Hello. If you want to change the bind controller, make sure that you are connected to a network and that the remote controller and aircraft are connected as well. You may also refer to my response above regarding the difference between binding and linking the remote controller. Thank you.
3-22 04:06
Use props
djiuser_P1Dh75uHgNxT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1515965 ft
United Kingdom

I dont know weather im in the wrong chat but i have a question to ask about dji rc. n1/2 controller im left handed and use like most lefties mode 3 but the only thing with this. I i cant zoom in or out while moving fwd /bwd i was thpnking maybe dji could make the gimbal wheel do two function by eg:  Pushdown on wheel then move up and down while doing this make it zoom in /out rathater than pressing fcn button can be very wakard for lefties plz tell me wat u think
3-25 10:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_P1Dh75uHgNxT Posted at 3-25 10:56
I dont know weather im in the wrong chat but i have a question to ask about dji rc. n1/2 controller im left handed and use like most lefties mode 3 but the only thing with this. I i cant zoom in or out while moving fwd /bwd i was thpnking maybe dji could make the gimbal wheel do two function by eg:  Pushdown on wheel then move up and down while doing this make it zoom in /out rathater than pressing fcn button can be very wakard for lefties plz tell me wat u think

We appreciate your suggestion and would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the best user experience. Your valuable feedback will be promptly forwarded to the relevant team for a thorough evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.
3-25 21:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules