Offline Maps
209 2 3-20 16:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I like the feature of being able to store offline maps.  I fly in the great Southwest of the US and am also planning a trip to Europe where I think they'll come in handy. My RC-2 is set up to save photos/videos to the SD Card. When I save offline maps, the storage available at the bottom of the screen shows how many mbs the map will use and also the internal storage memory available...not SD Card storage available.  My questions:  Does this mean the offline maps are stored in and read in flight from the internal storage while my photos/videos are still being stored on the SD Card?  Also, when I select an offline map using the white box to define the map area, the map has very little detail if you set the largest area of coverage and it becomes very detailed as you zoom in.  In actual flight, will I always have the detailed map, no matter how large or small the area I defined?  Thanks

3-20 16:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI RC 2, the offline maps are stored in the internal storage by default and cannot be stored on the microSD card. Also, we do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned for our DJI official website update. We appreciate your understanding.
3-20 20:05
Use props
djiuser_m8gD4vp109bf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 224193 ft
United States

Is there a way to download the offline maps to a sd card then upload to the RC2 by inserting the sd card?

Alternatively, is there a way to connect the RC2 via an ethernet connection to speed up any updates or downloads?
4-14 05:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules