Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The local pub gets a new car park....

Just as I thought they were finished,   a new carpark gets installed.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

3-21 00:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-21 00:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-21 00:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting shots DA.  I wonder what they will add next.  
3-21 03:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-21 03:00
Interesting shots DA.  I wonder what they will add next.

I suspect thats the last step before they re open,   the building in the back is an outdoors sports bar with bug screen tv and a pizza oven if the Facebook posts are to be believed.  
3-21 06:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-21 06:23
I suspect thats the last step before they re open,   the building in the back is an outdoors sports bar with bug screen tv and a pizza oven if the Facebook posts are to be believed.

So time for the grarnd re-opening then.  
3-21 08:46
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

The path on the right looks handy for the vicar to pop in for a quick top up
3-21 10:03
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Re-opening soon.?  Curious name. A nod to Sir Chris Hoy maybe?
3-21 10:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-21 08:46
So time for the grarnd re-opening then.

I think thats today,  they had a flock of staff in there at 6am and I passed a few times to see lots of deliveries.  
3-22 07:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-22 07:39
I think thats today,  they had a flock of staff in there at 6am and I passed a few times to see lots of deliveries.

That definitely sounds like they are back open and doing some business.
3-22 13:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Codgerzh2 Posted at 3-21 10:03
The path on the right looks handy for the vicar to pop in for a quick top up

There was a better one which they closed,  but rumour has it there are tunnels.  
3-23 00:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-21 10:52
Re-opening soon.?  Curious name. A nod to Sir Chris Hoy maybe?

Its quite histories as its built on the site of the battle of Benfleet.  

The hoy is the name for a broad boat or a barge and the name helmet was the hard or foreshore where the boat was drawn up. The hard is thought to be the area in Church Creek to the side of the pub.

3-23 00:29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 00:29
Its quite histories as its built on the site of the battle of Benfleet.  

The hoy is the name for a broad boat or a barge and the name helmet was the hard or foreshore where the boat was drawn up. The hard is thought to be the area in Church Creek to the side of the pub.

I've seen the expression hard before at Plymouth. But I've not come across the other two in that context before.  I wonder if the the exclamation "Ahoy Shipmate! is a derivative.
3-23 00:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-22 13:58
That definitely sounds like they are back open and doing some business.

I spoke to someone this morning,   Friday night was a "soft" launch for locals that were invited in for a free drink.    Cynically we think thats to appease them from  complaining about the noise when the outside sports bar and tv get going in the summer.  
3-23 01:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-23 00:58
I've seen the expression hard before at Plymouth. But I've not come across the other two in that context before.  I wonder if the the exclamation "Ahoy Shipmate! is a derivative.

Looks like it -

Ahoy (/əˈhɔɪ/) (listenⓘ) is a signal word used to call to a ship or boat. It is derived from the Middle English cry, 'Hoy!'.[1][better source needed] The word fell out of use at one time, but was revived when sailing became a popular sport. 'Ahoy' can also be used as a greeting, a warning, or a farewell.[citation needed]
3-23 01:09
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 01:09
Looks like it -

Ahoy (/əˈhɔɪ/) (listenⓘ) is a signal word used to call to a ship or boat. It is derived from the Middle English cry, 'Hoy!'.[1] The word fell out of use at one time, but was revived when sailing became a popular sport. 'Ahoy' can also be used as a greeting, a warning, or a farewell.[citation needed]

3-23 01:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 01:03
I spoke to someone this morning,   Friday night was a "soft" launch for locals that were invited in for a free drink.    Cynically we think thats to appease them from  complaining about the noise when the outside sports bar and tv get going in the summer.

Interesting to conduct a soft launch but if it works then I guess it was a good idea.  
3-23 04:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-23 04:07
Interesting to conduct a soft launch but if it works then I guess it was a good idea.

Probably partly to test out the new pizza oven they have installed and just been trained in.
3-23 23:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 23:23
Probably partly to test out the new pizza oven they have installed and just been trained in.

Do you happen to know if they installed a gas, electric or wood fired pizza oven?  Just curious as wood fired pizza ovens have become quite popular lately.  
3-24 09:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 09:02
Do you happen to know if they installed a gas, electric or wood fired pizza oven?  Just curious as wood fired pizza ovens have become quite popular lately.

I dont know,  the roof has a really unusual chimney/vent and from IG I saw they did the training on a fire oven,  so far the only advertising Ive seen is stoned baked.    I will ask my local dog walker if she saw it when she went in the other night.  
3-25 01:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-25 01:06
I dont know,  the roof has a really unusual chimney/vent and from IG I saw they did the training on a fire oven,  so far the only advertising Ive seen is stoned baked.    I will ask my local dog walker if she saw it when she went in the other night.

Most of the large franchised pizza establishments use electric pizza ovens.  However, several of the Italian restaurants use wood fired pizza ovens and it seems to cook the crust much better.  
3-25 02:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 02:32
Most of the large franchised pizza establishments use electric pizza ovens.  However, several of the Italian restaurants use wood fired pizza ovens and it seems to cook the crust much better.

The wood fired ones here are quite common,  theres a little pizza place locally that installed one but they lost 1/8th of seating due to the size of it.
3-25 02:42
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Now you can drink AND drive! Or is it the other way around?
3-25 02:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-25 02:42
The wood fired ones here are quite common,  theres a little pizza place locally that installed one but they lost 1/8th of seating due to the size of it.

Dang, not sure if it would be worth losing that amount of space just for a wood fired pizza oven.  
3-25 03:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 3-25 02:50
Now you can drink AND drive! Or is it the other way around?

Ive known police to wait near the exit of the carport and then pull over cars leaving to test them.
3-25 03:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 03:02
Dang, not sure if it would be worth losing that amount of space just for a wood fired pizza oven.

I think they offset it with being able to offer deliveries and take away too,   the place was a little coffee shop before they took it over and from all accounts its excellent and in a very trendy part of town,    and all that aside the prices are really good as in reasonable.
3-25 03:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-25 03:15
I think they offset it with being able to offer deliveries and take away too,   the place was a little coffee shop before they took it over and from all accounts its excellent and in a very trendy part of town,    and all that aside the prices are really good as in reasonable.

Sounds like they have a good business plan.  
3-25 03:30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

They certainly have done that, but as Osmonauta kind of points out, I do find the idea of creating a car parking lot next to a bar somewhat questionable. Oh well, at least one can just order pizza there and leave the alcohol out of the picture.
3-27 15:07
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There it is.
Nice progress!
3-27 23:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-27 23:48
There it is.
Nice progress!

thanks Peter,    on re opening night they had people on stilts there and people breathing fire.  
3-28 05:35
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 05:35
thanks Peter,    on re opening night they had people on stilts there and people breathing fire.

I had to read that twice, but I get it
3-28 05:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-28 05:45
I had to read that twice, but I get it

Just in case,  like this and this -

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5CP ... sh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C ... sh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
3-28 05:58
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 05:58
Just in case,  like this and this -

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5CPZadoMOS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Looks good. Both.
3-28 06:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It did look like fun,  but we didnt go down the hill for it.    Were not big pub people.
3-28 06:13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 06:13
It did look like fun,  but we didnt go down the hill for it.    Were not big pub people.

I can understand that.
3-28 06:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules