Clean HDMI mode for RC2 (Air 3 and Mini 4)
428 13 3-21 09:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WEliMBl6BuzE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

I'm excited about the new drones you are releasing like the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3 but I can use them for my use case because there isn't a compatible controller for them that support CLEAN HDMI out(raw video with no interface visible). I'm interested in both of these drones but can't even consider buy these new drones if there is no clean HDMI out.

I've seen people successfully get live video out of their RC2 controller with USB C to HDMI adapters. But the video out has the interface always visible. If the RC2 was able to get a software update with the feature to output Clean video over HDMI like the RC Pro controller can, I would buy the RC2 and one of the new drones in a heart beat.

This may be a niche feature but it's critical for certain workflows. If you can't do this with RC2 please at least release another controller like the RC Pro that can do Live HDMI out with no interface visible. Without this feature I am stuck with only using older DJI drones and can't even consider the new ones.

Thanks you for your time
3-21 09:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI output. Rest assured that we will gather this suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day.
3-21 19:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe DJI will release the RC Pro 2 before much longer.  
3-22 03:05
Use props
djiuser_WEliMBl6BuzE
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-22 03:05
Maybe DJI will release the RC Pro 2 before much longer.

I hope so. It's definitely needed. The new drones look pretty sweet, I would love to be able to use them.
3-22 06:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_WEliMBl6BuzE Posted at 3-22 06:31
I hope so. It's definitely needed. The new drones look pretty sweet, I would love to be able to use them.

Yeah, I really like the dual camera set up on the Air 3.  I still fly my Air 2S with the RC Pro but it would be nice to have a high end RC for the Air 3.  I use HDMI out on the RC Pro quite regularly.  
3-22 13:38
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doesn't the RC 2 allow for HDMI out through the USB C port? Or does this output have all the telemetry baked in on top?
3-22 15:24
Use props
djiuser_AFNjdU8hF9xz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1640 ft
United States

DJI is going back to the stone age I have the mini 4 Pro and you can't use the goggles with the RC Controller.
3-23 08:48
Use props
djiuser_AFNjdU8hF9xz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-21 19:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI output. Rest assured that we will gather this suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day.

You must have 47  million requests and nothing gets done. Add the option to fly with the goggles and RC controller.
3-23 08:50
Use props
djiuser_WEliMBl6BuzE
lvl.1
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-22 15:24
Doesn't the RC 2 allow for HDMI out through the USB C port? Or does this output have all the telemetry baked in on top?

You can output HDMI from RC2 with certain USB C to HDMI adapters. However all the telemetry and information is baked into the video with no option to turn it off. They just don't seem to officially support using HDMI with RC2
3-23 09:21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_WEliMBl6BuzE Posted at 3-23 09:21
You can output HDMI from RC2 with certain USB C to HDMI adapters. However all the telemetry and information is baked into the video with no option to turn it off. They just don't seem to officially support using HDMI with RC2

That's what I figured. What about setting up a local RTSP server and streaming to it? I know Fly has this option but not sure if you'll still have the same telemetry overlay issue. DJI is almost certainly having some internal issues because they have botched the newer generation drones and protocols. If I was to bet, they were planning on releasing the RC Pro 2 late last year but are having some issues. Financial problems, understaffed, supply chain issues, regulations and others.
3-23 09:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_AFNjdU8hF9xz Posted at 3-23 08:50
You must have 47  million requests and nothing gets done. Add the option to fly with the goggles and RC controller.

Hello. We apologize if we can only do so much. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day ahead.
3-23 22:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try streaming to a RTMP server.  
3-24 06:34
Use props
djiuser_AFNjdU8hF9xz
lvl.1
United States

There has to be a work around I'm not holding my breathe for DJI.
I tried the USB c adapter the integra came with plugged it into the rc2 and it just keeps rebooting.
3-24 11:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_AFNjdU8hF9xz Posted at 3-24 11:14
There has to be a work around I'm not holding my breathe for DJI.
I tried the USB c adapter the integra came with plugged it into the rc2 and it just keeps rebooting.

Hi there, Based on other users, it is possible to achieve this by using USB-C to HDMI/DP adapters, but we have not tested these accessories ourselves. You can try them out to see if they work for you. However, as the output feature has not undergone a compatibility test, using the RC 2 for HDMI output may result in unstable transmission or stuttering. We recommend conducting a test run before any live streaming or image output to ensure a stable connection. Thank you for your understanding.
3-24 20:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules