What is the correct way to charge DJI Mini 4 Pro?
372 17 3-21 09:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I have a question: how do I charge my DJI Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery (the Standard Battery)? Do I just pop the battery into the drone and plug a cable into the drone so the power goes through the drone and into the battery, or should I buy one of those DJI charging hubs? Just asking because I'm now unsure after a friend said that with his drone, (the DJI Phantom 2), he says it is best if I use the charging hub, because he says charging the battery through the drone could cause an unstable energy flow, and, in a few years, it could start degrading the battery, and he says that charging hubs are specifically designed to give a stable flow of energy.
3-21 09:36
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

The battery can be charged in the drone, this is normal, I do this often. If you have several batteries, then it is better to buy a hub.
3-21 09:50
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 3-21 09:50
The battery can be charged in the drone, this is normal, I do this often. If you have several batteries, then it is better to buy a hub.

Alright, thanks for the info. I've got three batteries, so maybe I'll get a hub.
3-21 09:57
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi. Thank you for your inquiry. You can charge the DJI Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery by mounting it to the aircraft or by charging it via the charging hub. It is recommended that you use the charging device provided by DJI, such as the DJI Mini 3 Pro two-way charging hub, the DJI 30W USB-C charger, or other USB power delivery chargers. For further instructions and details, please refer to https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... User_Manual_EN.pdf.
3-21 15:13
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-21 15:13
Hi. Thank you for your inquiry. You can charge the DJI Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery by mounting it to the aircraft or by charging it via the charging hub. It is recommended that you use the charging device provided by DJI, such as the DJI Mini 3 Pro two-way charging hub, the DJI 30W USB-C charger, or other USB power delivery chargers. For further instructions and details, please refer to https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_4_Pro/20240115/DJI_Mini_4_Pro_User_Manual_EN.pdf.

So is the Mini 3 Pro charging hub also compatible with the Mini 4 Pro?
3-23 10:24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

USER001 Posted at 3-23 10:24
So is the Mini 3 Pro charging hub also compatible with the Mini 4 Pro?

Yes, DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub is compatible to use. I hope this clarifies your inquiry.
3-23 14:48
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-23 14:48
Yes, DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub is compatible to use. I hope this clarifies your inquiry.

Sorry for keeping on asking questions, but will the DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub charge an Intelligent Flight Battery or Intelligent Flight Battery Plus made for the DJI Mini 4 Pro the same way a DJI Mini 4 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub will charge it?
3-25 11:24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

USER001 Posted at 3-25 11:24
Sorry for keeping on asking questions, but will the DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub charge an Intelligent Flight Battery or Intelligent Flight Battery Plus made for the DJI Mini 4 Pro the same way a DJI Mini 4 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub will charge it?

Hi. Thank you for your response. The DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub can charge both the Intelligent Flight Battery and the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus in sequence. Thank you.
3-25 15:54
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just got a 3 way charging hub. It's not 'better' but it's more convenient.
3-26 00:11
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 00:11
I just got a 3 way charging hub. It's not 'better' but it's more convenient.

What's the difference between 2 way and 3 way?
3-26 08:37
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 08:37
What's the difference between 2 way and 3 way?

There is no 2 way.
3-26 08:44
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Are you sure?
https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... t=58&vid=114201
3-26 08:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 08:51
Are you sure?
https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-mini-3-pro-two-way-charging-hub?from=search-result-v2&position=1&total_result=58&vid=114201

My bad, there is no 3 way.
I was mistaken the nr of batteries it takes. But that is apparently not the the amount of 'ways' they are talking about.
3-26 08:53
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 08:53
My bad, there is no 3 way.
I was mistaken the nr of batteries it takes. But that is apparently not the the amount of 'ways' they are talking about.

I think two ways means that it has two ports: One port to charge itself, and the other port to charge other stuff. BTW this might not be accurate, I'm just making a guess using the information what I already know.
3-26 08:55
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

USER001 Posted at 3-26 08:55
I think two ways means that it has two ports: One port to charge itself, and the other port to charge other stuff. BTW this might not be accurate, I'm just making a guess using the information what I already know.

You could very well be right. I'll check the store.
Yes, it says 2 way. One for the batteries and one for the remote.
3-26 10:10
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-26 10:10
You could very well be right. I'll check the store.
Yes, it says 2 way. One for the batteries and one for the remote.

That makes sense
3-26 10:12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I thought so too.
3-26 10:28
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-26 17:48
If you have 2 or more batteries a charging hub & 30-watt or more PD charger is the way to go.  The DJI Charging Hub works fine for overnight charging of your Mini 3/Mini 4 batteries.  It charges them sequentially, starting from the one with the most charge to the least.  If all three batteries are @ 0% it requires about 4 hours to fully charge all 3.  This is a good overnight charging solution.

I don't know how much or often you fly.  If you fly often or want your batteries ready faster than 4 hours, consider one of the multi-charger options.  My personal favorite is the Hanatora LCD Charger.  This charger concurrently charges 4 Mini 3/Mini4 batteries, along with your RC & cell phone.  It takes about 90-110 minutes to fully charge 4 batteries, RC, & phone from 0% to full.  It also offers a very nice LCD status display, as well as a Storage Charge setting.  It is quite reasonably priced at around $57 US.

Cool gadget, very useful for people who fly a lot, but I think the DJI Two-Way Charging Hub is enough for me. https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... ging-hub?vid=114201
3-29 02:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules