146 6 3-22 12:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JHugi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112 ft
Germany

Hi,
following situation: I had bought a used Mini 4 Pro and noticed that there were abnormal areas of blur, so the lens seemed to be misaligned or something similar.
I have now bought a second drone of that model and am wondering whether I can check the camera in advance without having to activate the drone.

If I understand correctly, the warranty starts on the day of activation and I would like to avoid this. Because if the camera or lens really isn't OK here either, I would send the drone back.

I think if I activate the drone, there will be problems with the dealer's reversal.
Hence my question in the subject line above:
Can I test the camera without activating the drone, maybe through another app?
(I have the RC N2 controller + smartphone).

Thanks for any advice!
Hugi

3-22 12:26
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

No, you can't
3-22 12:34
Use props
JHugi
lvl.1
Germany

Would you say that many Mini 4 Pro are affected by a problem with the lens?
I had the same thing back then with the Mavic Pro, the series dispersion was very high.
3-22 12:47
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

JHugi Posted at 3-22 12:47
Would you say that many Mini 4 Pro are affected by a problem with the lens?
I had the same thing back then with the Mavic Pro, the series dispersion was very high.

Unfortunately, the problem occurs frequently. Varying degrees of right corner blur on many drones. I have one too, a small one.
3-22 12:49
Use props
JHugi
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for your feedback! I've also noticed that the location of the blur varies depending on the focus setting, and I don't mean the depth of field, but a fixed point a few meters away.
Due to the depth of field, everything should be more or less sharp.

For example, this is what the meadow looks like, approx. 5-6 meters away, focused at approx. 8 meters, (100% crop):

Other areas (e.g. the branches of a tree) are largely sharp.
Perhaps I should just be satisfied with it, if quite a few specimens show some blurring.
3-22 13:11
Use props
GiannisS
lvl.1
Greece

Hello guys I just wanted to take a second opinion from a DJI M4P owner regarding the video resolution. Recently I bought a mini 4 pro which is my first ever drone and I noticed a lot of digital noise, and some kind of flare and flickering while I was recording in 4k 60fps. Kinda similar to what you mentioned above. The time that I mostly record is morning or afternoon hours to avoid excess sunlight. Both settings for sharpness and noise reduction are set to 0 (nothing changes even with NR=1). The whole thing of course is even worse for 1080 resolution. Please take your time to review the videos that I’ve attached below and let me know if that is normal. Thank you.
youtube . com /watch?v=Of2G0fxSJb0     (PLEASE REMOVE THE SPACE BETWEEN YOUTUBE, THE DOT, COM, AND SLASH TO WATCH THE VIDEO)
youtube . com /watch?v=f_MLR9lEWY4   (PLEASE REMOVE THE SPACE BETWEEN YOUTUBE, THE DOT, COM, AND SLASH TO WATCH THE VIDEO)
*sorry for the links but I have 45 points and I haven't been upgraded to level 1 therefore I am not allowed to upload videos and create new threads!
3-22 13:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro requires activation before first use. After powering on the aircraft and remote controller, follow the on-screen prompts to activate the unit. An internet connection is required for activation. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
3-22 19:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules