Unable to register Mini 4 Pro w/FAA
363 15 3-23 07:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itravel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 647388 ft
United States

With my new DJI Mini 4 Pro I only have Plus batteries.  However the drone never gives me an RID number in settings.  Therefore I cannot register it with the FAA.  Anyone with similar issues?  Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
3-23 07:10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try taking it outside and obtaining a GPS lock.
3-23 07:14
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

The M4P RID serials are located in the About menu, Aircraft SN & Flight Controller SN which are used to register at FAA. Should be prefixed "1581F6xxxx...."

3-23 07:40
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-23 07:14
Try taking it outside and obtaining a GPS lock.

Thanks for the reply.  I have flown the drone many times and never has their been any RID related info found.  It's crazy.
3-23 08:16
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

RobZilla Posted at 3-23 07:40
The M4P RID serials are located in the About menu, Aircraft SN & Flight Controller SN which are used to register at FAA. Should be prefixed "1581F6xxxx...."

Yes,  That is where I have looked each time I fly,  No RID ever.  Full GPS, good flights, just nothing that says I have RID anywhere.  Obviously I can't register the drone without the RID serial number.
3-23 08:18
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

itravel Posted at 3-23 08:18
Yes,  That is where I have looked each time I fly,  No RID ever.  Full GPS, good flights, just nothing that says I have RID anywhere.  Obviously I can't register the drone without the RID serial number.

Yea its kind of confusing even though the About menu does not explicitly say RID anywhere. Even DJI's manual (pg 120) says its RID compliant, there are no steps or statements say where its located.

Since its RID compliant, FAA's site shows what to use to register it here:
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000713

3-23 09:10
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

RobZilla Posted at 3-23 09:10
Yea its kind of confusing even though the About menu does not explicitly say RID anywhere. Even DJI's manual (pg 120) says its RID compliant, there are no steps or statements say where its located.

Since its RID compliant, FAA's site shows what to use to register it here:

This is great information.  But there are two numbers. Which one did you use??
3-23 09:42
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The RID SN consists of 20 characters in total. You could try to turn on WLAN on any mobile phone. In the “Available networks” list, check whether a character string “RID-1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” is displayed, which always starts with “RID-”, followed by a 20-digit RID SN. You could try to find the RID in this way.

At the same time, if this character string is displayed and the character string starts with 1581F and is the same as the RID SN, it indicates that the aircraft is broadcasting. You may need to try to turn WLAN on and off several times because it may take a bit longer for some mobile phones to scan (in general, it can be displayed in 5-10 seconds). Hopt this could help.
3-23 17:33
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-23 17:33
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The RID SN consists of 20 characters in total. You could try to turn on WLAN on any mobile phone. In the “Available networks” list, check whether a character string “RID-1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” is displayed, which always starts with “RID-”, followed by a 20-digit RID SN. You could try to find the RID in this way.

At the same time, if this character string is displayed and the character string starts with 1581F and is the same as the RID SN, it indicates that the aircraft is broadcasting. You may need to try to turn WLAN on and off several times because it may take a bit longer for some mobile phones to scan (in general, it can be displayed in 5-10 seconds). Hopt this could help.

Done understand your message. However the FAA website list two serial numbers for the Mini 4 Pro.  My question is which one do I enter when registering the drone?
1581F6Z9000000000000
or
1581F6Z9ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3-23 17:46
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-23 17:33
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The RID SN consists of 20 characters in total. You could try to turn on WLAN on any mobile phone. In the “Available networks” list, check whether a character string “RID-1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” is displayed, which always starts with “RID-”, followed by a 20-digit RID SN. You could try to find the RID in this way.

At the same time, if this character string is displayed and the character string starts with 1581F and is the same as the RID SN, it indicates that the aircraft is broadcasting. You may need to try to turn WLAN on and off several times because it may take a bit longer for some mobile phones to scan (in general, it can be displayed in 5-10 seconds). Hopt this could help.

Sorry.  I don't know how to modify a message here after I've sent one.  Anyway... I assume that the numbers on the FAA website is a range of RIDs for the Mini 4.  I'll try your suggestion.  Thank you!!
3-23 18:16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

itravel Posted at 3-23 18:16
Sorry.  I don't know how to modify a message here after I've sent one.  Anyway... I assume that the numbers on the FAA website is a range of RIDs for the Mini 4.  I'll try your suggestion.  Thank you!!

Yes. Please try and keep us updates.
3-24 00:05
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bill,

The Remote ID problem is the least of your problems.  

1.  Your Mini 4 Pro is not activated for some reason, so, DJI cannot help you until your Mini 4 Pro is activated.  Check with DJI about the activation problem.

2.  Your Mavic Air is not registered with the FAA, which would open an FAA account for you that will then allow you to register any other drones you get.  After DJI activates your Mavic Air register with the FAA.

After you resolve those problems, everything should land gently in place.  Take care and be safe.

Aloha and Drone On!
3-24 02:49
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 3-24 02:49
Aloha Bill,

The Remote ID problem is the least of your problems.  

Cetacean,  Thanks for your reply.  I assume you are referring to DJI, the company.  I will check with them.  I no longer have a Mavic Air, therefore it is no longer registered with the FAA.  I removed that long ago.  Likewise my Mini 2 is deactivated as well on the FAA website. However I see no way of removing the drone  icons that show up on my Profile on this site, nor to add my Mini 4 Pro.
3-24 03:37
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-24 00:05
Yes. Please try and keep us updates.

I have now successfully registered my Mini 4 Pro on the FAA Drone Zone site !!!  After reading many blogs and comments on various sites, I found that on the FAA site itself it states that my RID is the same as my aircraft serial number.  

What a mess this has been when the answer was right there all the time.  Thank you for your help.
3-24 04:27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

itravel Posted at 3-24 04:27
I have now successfully registered my Mini 4 Pro on the FAA Drone Zone site !!!  After reading many blogs and comments on various sites, I found that on the FAA site itself it states that my RID is the same as my aircraft serial number.  

What a mess this has been when the answer was right there all the time.  Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear it has been solved. If you have further inquiry, please feel free to let us know.
3-24 04:59
Use props
itravel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-24 04:59
Glad to hear it has been solved. If you have further inquiry, please feel free to let us know.

Will do !
3-24 05:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules