Where all of the anvils and heavy weights were ma...
123Next >
809 91 3-23 03:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is where all of the anvils and heavy weights were made to foil Wiley Coyote in the Roadrunner cartoons.

Sequence 01.00_00_29_23.Still002.jpg
3-23 03:56
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Ha ha I agree right name
3-23 04:00
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 3-23 04:00
Ha ha I agree right name

I didn't know if Roadrunner cartoons were published everywhere.
3-23 04:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot and the title is most fitting.  Seems several streaming services are still airing several old animated cartoon shows.  
3-23 09:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-23 09:26
Great shot and the title is most fitting.  Seems several streaming services are still airing several old animated cartoon shows.

I think kids today need more of that kind of humor. It's considered violent by today's standard.
3-23 10:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-23 10:23
I think kids today need more of that kind of humor. It's considered violent by today's standard.

Yet they see so much more graphical violence in their shooter video games.  
3-23 10:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-23 10:26
Yet they see so much more graphical violence in their shooter video games.

They see nothing wrong with forcing sexual preferences and agenda type items into their cartoons but God forbid if an Anvil falls on a coyote's head.
3-23 10:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hahaha,   love it.
3-24 00:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-24 00:05
hahaha,   love it.

Sorry I need a rant now and then.
3-24 05:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 05:17
Sorry I need a rant now and then.

Well you found the right place for a screw too.   Or than might be a bit too CNC for you.
3-24 05:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-23 10:43
They see nothing wrong with forcing sexual preferences and agenda type items into their cartoons but God forbid if an Anvil falls on a coyote's head.

I'm not sure what, if any, guiding principles they have to follow for cartoons these days.
3-24 08:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 08:24
I'm not sure what, if any, guiding principles they have to follow for cartoons these days.

I just remember them saying that the old time cartoons were too violent. I just thought they were funny as a kid.
3-24 08:36
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Haha yes he was one of their best customers, wasn't he
3-24 09:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 08:36
I just remember them saying that the old time cartoons were too violent. I just thought they were funny as a kid.

I attended a career day at a middle school recently to give a presentation on becoming a Lawyer.  After the career day ended I overheard a couple of the kids in the hallway talking about spawning.  One of the kids said that people in real life just respawn when they get shot.  The other kid argued that they didn't.  So they asked a third kid nearby who also said people would respawn.  I was appalled at this.  I asked if I might make a comment and they allowed.  I told them that video games do not project what happens in real life.  I assured them that if you shoot somebody in real life that they do not respawn like animated players do in video games.  Just goes to show you how much kids take away from video games.  
3-24 09:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 09:55
I attended a career day at a middle school recently to give a presentation on becoming a Lawyer.  After the career day ended I overheard a couple of the kids in the hallway talking about spawning.  One of the kids said that people in real life just respawn when they get shot.  The other kid argued that they didn't.  So they asked a third kid nearby who also said people would respawn.  I was appalled at this.  I asked if I might make a comment and they allowed.  I told them that video games do not project what happens in real life.  I assured them that if you shoot somebody in real life that they do not respawn like animated players do in video games.  Just goes to show you how much kids take away from video games.

Wow, that is concerning.
3-24 09:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 09:57
Wow, that is concerning.

What was even worse were the three girls walking in the hallway texting each other.  What happened to conversing out loud, especially when your are next to each other. It was definitely an eye opening day for me.   
3-24 10:07
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 10:07
What was even worse were the three girls walking in the hallway texting each other.  What happened to conversing out loud, especially when your are next to each other. It was definitely an eye opening day for me.

They live on the phones. they would rather text than talk.
3-24 10:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 10:30
They live on the phones. they would rather text than talk.

So I found out.  I'm still amazed at why they would do that.  Totally different environment for kids these days.  
3-24 10:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 10:41
So I found out.  I'm still amazed at why they would do that.  Totally different environment for kids these days.

It's what they're used to. They start romantic relationships and break up the same way.  
3-24 10:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 10:47
It's what they're used to. They start romantic relationships and break up the same way.

Guess I'm just too "old school".  
3-24 11:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 10:47

I was raised, I didn’t just grow up.  I was taught to speak when I enter the room.  Say please and thank you, to have respect for my elders and to get off my lazy butt and let the elders in the room have my chair.  Say “yes sir” and “no sir”, lend a helping hand to those in need, hold the door for the person behind me and say “excuse me” when its needed.  I was also taught to treat people the way I want to be treated.  Doubt I'd make it growing up in today's society.  
3-24 11:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 11:06
Guess I'm just too "old school".

Me too. Have the guts and responsibility to communicate personally.
3-24 13:19
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 11:08
I was raised, I didn’t just grow up.  I was taught to speak when I enter the room.  Say please and thank you, to have respect for my elders and to get off my lazy butt and let the elders in the room have my chair.  Say “yes sir” and “no sir”, lend a helping hand to those in need, hold the door for the person behind me and say “excuse me” when its needed.  I was also taught to treat people the way I want to be treated.  Doubt I'd make it growing up in today's society.

Those are the exceptional people today. The young that were taught to do that stand out from the crowd.
3-24 13:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 13:19
Me too. Have the guts and responsibility to communicate personally.

My granddaughter is a teacher at a local High School and she tells me that kids these days struggle to spell even the simplest of words as they want to use the abbreviated txt version.  She said I'd be appalled at how bad their written reports are.  
3-25 02:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 13:20
Those are the exceptional people today. The young that were taught to do that stand out from the crowd.

Seems even being polite is fading away.  Just look at how poor many people are at providing customer service in fast food establishments and other places.  I went into Home Depot the other day looking for a specialty plumbing part.  I looked on the plumbing aisle for quite a while and couldn't find it.  When I went on the App it showed it to be in another area of the store but that area was in the garden center.  I went there and looked but not there either.  When I finally found an employee he said he didn't know where it would be and then just walked off.  I went up to Customer Service and they were just a clueless.  I needed the part so I decided to go to the Pro Desk to see if they could help.  Fortunately, the guy manning that desk knew exactly where it was and walked me right to it.  Turns out he was retired Air Force.  
3-25 02:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 02:08
My granddaughter is a teacher at a local High School and she tells me that kids these days struggle to spell even the simplest of words as they want to use the abbreviated txt version.  She said I'd be appalled at how bad their written reports are.

I could imagine.
3-25 03:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

At least I work on making sure the grandkids know the old school ways.  
3-25 03:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 03:11
At least I work on making sure the grandkids know the old school ways.

Hope fully some of it rubs off. They act like they dont hear it but some gets through.
3-25 03:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-25 03:13
Hope fully some of it rubs off. They act like they dont hear it but some gets through.

Yes, I've seen them using manners and holding doors already so some of it has soaked in.  
3-25 03:29
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 03:29
Yes, I've seen them using manners and holding doors already so some of it has soaked in.

It's all we can do. It's up do them to be an updated improved version of us.
3-25 08:14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-25 08:14
It's all we can do. It's up do them to be an updated improved version of us.

One can only hope.  
3-25 08:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That's right. Once we're gone, that's all we have to carry on.
3-25 13:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-25 13:15
That's right. Once we're gone, that's all we have to carry on.

I hope that whatever legacy I leave behind is one that makes everything that I touched a little bit better.
3-26 02:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-26 02:12
I hope that whatever legacy I leave behind is one that makes everything that I touched a little bit better.

Leave thing better than you found them. The boy scout motto.
3-26 04:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-26 04:09
Leave thing better than you found them. The boy scout motto.

That works great also.  I really did enjoy my time in Boy Scouts.  
3-27 10:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-27 10:51
That works great also.  I really did enjoy my time in Boy Scouts.

I didn't do it as a boy. I always wanted to but my parents were in two different areas and I moved back and forth. I was a leader for 12 years and a board member for 20. It's the best thing you can do for your child.
3-27 13:08
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Keep filming that spot and you'll see Wile E. Coyote himself, jumping there on a pogo stick... and promptly crashing into a wall
3-27 13:21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-23 10:23

Have to agree on this one. What they see on the Internet when their parents are not seeing - or worse, not caring - can be way more shocking.
3-27 13:22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 08:24

There certainly are some guidelines that they need to follow. For instance, I remember the modern Looney Tunes cartoons never feature firearms. And those depend on the region as well. For instance, a Disney cartoon featured a same-sex couple, but on some market regions, they were said to be just work colleagues.
3-27 13:26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-24 08:36

I think the way it is handled as well means a lot as well. While in some Looney Tunes it could be stated that they are violent, the depiction is not often that seriously or graphically represented, and tends to be unrealistic to an extent of being completely implausible. Also, it is appalling that it is okay when realistic violence portrayal in an entertainment contect is okay for kids to see, but when it is attempted to be handled in a more realistic manner, somebody gets alarmed and the hypocrites demand bans. For instance, "Batman - The Animated Series" had some hard times with censors when it had realistic firearms and situations where people actually got hurt in a non-comical manner. Another famous example is in the animation series "Gargoyles", of which featured an episode in which one of the central characters plays with a gun and accidentally shoots another central character. The issue of gun violence in that episode was handled, IMO, in a very thoughtful and smart manner, provoking thought about the seriousness of the issue. But no, that was too much for the Karens to handle and the episode was censored (and if I remember right, not shown later on) on TV. That was too much, but nobody blinks an eye when a kid under 10 years of age plays Call Of Duty.
3-27 13:36
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules