Best drone under £500 with obstacle avoidance
297 4 3-23 07:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I have a question: what is the difference between the obstacle avoidance of the DJI Mini 4 Pro and that of the Mini 3 Pro and Mini 2 SE? I just want to know because one of my friends is asking me because they are a beginner pilot but they are also looking for a budget drone, so they want something with obstacle avoidance, but at the same time it needs to be under £500.
3-23 07:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 4 Pro has more advanced omnidirectional obstacle detection and avoidance systems, ensuring safer flights for beginners. Equipped with four wide-angle vision sensors and two downward vision sensors, the device proficiently detects obstacles in every direction.  The Mini 4 Pro outshines its predecessor with a higher resolution camera, handling up to 4K HDR video at 60fps compared to 4K HDR video at 30fps in the Mini 3 Pro.

However, I don't think you can get the Mini 4 Pro for under £500.
3-23 09:03
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-23 09:03
The Mini 4 Pro has more advanced omnidirectional obstacle detection and avoidance systems, ensuring safer flights for beginners. Equipped with four wide-angle vision sensors and two downward vision sensors, the device proficiently detects obstacles in every direction.  The Mini 4 Pro outshines its predecessor with a higher resolution camera, handling up to 4K HDR video at 60fps compared to 4K HDR video at 30fps in the Mini 3 Pro.

However, I don't think you can get the Mini 4 Pro for under £500.

I will tell my friend this, but I have a question: how is the obstacle avoidance on the Air 2S?
3-23 10:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

USER001 Posted at 3-23 10:59
I will tell my friend this, but I have a question: how is the obstacle avoidance on the Air 2S?

OA works quite well on the Air 2S.  The fish eyes allow it to not look up but widens the field of view.  Check out the video.  

3-24 07:27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would not rely on obstacle avoidance ever.
They are known to fail in certain situations.
3-26 00:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules