Can the gimbal de repaired?
286 4 3-23 11:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirBuzzOne
lvl.2
Norway

I have a DJI Mavic Pro bought 7 or 8 years ago. So it is old.. I have troubles with thee gimbal that acts crazy. I can hear clicking noises, it complains about overheating and sometime it gets a SYS error on the controller. It is not possible to reset.

1. Can DJI repair fix old drones like this? When I enter the serial number it says they can't...
2. Can I fix it myself? The camera has picture... it is just impossible to level the gimbal correctly. I have read about changing the cable on the gimbal and seen a youtube video. Do you think that can fix it'? Where do I buy such a cable?

Thanks for help pointing me on the right direction.

Andreas
3-23 11:52
Use props
AirBuzzOne
lvl.2
Norway

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-23 13:02
I just checked on the DJI Repair Portal & it appears DJI is no longer offering repair services for the original Mavic Pro.  It has apparently reached EOL for DJI service support.  It is ashamed because, though dated, the Mavic Pro is still a decent drone, not to mention being the progenitor of the entire folding drone concept we take for granted today.  I own two of them myself.

If the drone is truly something you cherish & wish to keep, search around & I am sure you can find a shop or individual who still offers repair services for a Mavic Pro.  You could also search around on ebay or other sites where you can purchase parts, or pickup a used Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum, either functional or for parts.  Assuming your drone hasn't been crashed it may simply require a new gimbal ribbon cable & cooling fan.

Thanks for the answer. I have ordered the flat gimbal wire from a shop now. I couldn't find any original parts, but I hope it will do. And I have watched a couple of youtube videos of how to replace it. Its worth a shot and didn't cost much. If I cant fix the drone myself, I'll think about buying a new one.
3-23 13:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you experience trouble with your unit. Since we do not recommend DIY repair for flight safety, you may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to have guidance on how to send the unit to us for further diagnostics. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. We appreciate your valued support.
3-23 19:40
Use props
AirBuzzOne
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-23 19:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you experience trouble with your unit. Since we do not recommend DIY repair for flight safety, you may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to have guidance on how to send the unit to us for further diagnostics. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. We appreciate your valued support.

I will ask them again, but it seems that these drones are too old to get support on. I have built drones from scratch so I believe I can fix my Mavic Pro and still be safe.
3-24 02:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AirBuzzOne Posted at 3-24 02:10
I will ask them again, but it seems that these drones are too old to get support on. I have built drones from scratch so I believe I can fix my Mavic Pro and still be safe.

Thank you for your response, AirBuzzOne. We totally respect your expertise regarding drones however, we cannot guarantee that the unit will return to its normal behavior after DIY repair as our engineers are the ones who specialize in this kind of work. Please note that we are still supporting the DJI Mavic Pro (1st Gen) to send it for repair. You can create a repair case using this link https://repair.dji.com/ . We appreciate your understanding.
3-24 03:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules