270 6 3-23 18:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok been a while since I posted but have still been following you guys (and guyettes). Good to see the broad range of things we cover.

I have had the Litchi App for a while and decided to try out. I planned the flight on the MissionHub and exported it to the iPad but being conservative I seem to have been enthusiastic and set the height a tad high.

I also ran the flight on the Phantom 4 Pro just in case I managed to drive it into the ground.

I did discover that the gimbal can apparently be controlled from the RC during the flight (no idea if this is good or not) but gimbal control probably operates with distance restrictions.

It also appears that the P4P and Litchi don't like the iPad Pro I'm running (runs OK on iPad). The Mavic 2 Pro on the other hand is perfectly happy and operates with no problems so looks like I need to get on line and follow to see if there is an issue due to the iPad Pro.

So although the clip is a bit long I'm happy with the end result i.e the P4P went out and came back, always a plus.

A lot of members are already using Litchi and it looks like another handy tool to have.

3-23 18:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks good bruce,   I tried Litchi for android a few times but had a few locks ups of the app which really put me off,    perhaps I should try the IOS route.
3-24 00:10
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-24 00:10
Looks good bruce,   I tried Litchi for android a few times but had a few locks ups of the app which really put me off,    perhaps I should try the IOS route.

I’ll let you know how it goes but could be good for repeating the same route at different times and seasons.
Skill lies in the planning and not the flying though.
3-24 00:24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great first mission Bruce.  You can either control the gimbal manually, or programme it to track POIs.  I love Litchi. Best £25 I ever spent.
3-24 01:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 3-24 00:24
I’ll let you know how it goes but could be good for repeating the same route at different times and seasons.
Skill lies in the planning and not the flying though.

Ive played with the waypoints on the Mini 3 Pro for repeating the same shot of a landscape,  and Ive found you do need to keep a bit more distance so that you can align the images later better.
3-24 05:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely results from the mission flight.    It would be interesting to see it flown over various seasons.
3-24 08:04
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice job.
I have the RC, so no Litchi for me.
3-29 02:46
Use props
Advanced