377 7 3-24 00:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413192 ft
Switzerland

Hi DJI

I bought a Goggles Integra with MC2 for my DJI mini 4 pro to take film shots in special situations.

DJI Avata offers EIS with Rocksteady and recording of gyro data. The DJI mini 4 pro in conjunction with the Goggles has neither of these systems, although it is intended for cinematic purposes rather than true FPV flying. The gimbal functions have little - if any - effect in FPV mode.

If Rocksteady is too computationally intensive, would it not at least be possible to save the gyro data so that the scenes could be processed externally, e.g. in GyroFlow?

Thanks for any thoughts on implementation.

Regards
Dominik from MosquitoPics

3-24 00:44
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

This is currently not possible, DJI didn't do this for their FPV drone, only for Avata
So don't expect anything for the Mini 4. Really it's not necessary because the Mini 4 will never be able to fly like a real FPV)
3-24 01:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for reaching out. As mentioned by Serg SSA, unfortunately, the Mini 4 Pro does not support exporting gyro data. However, this will be considered as a suggestion and will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.
3-26 01:33
Use props
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 3-26 01:33
Thank you for reaching out. As mentioned by Serg SSA, unfortunately, the Mini 4 Pro does not support exporting gyro data. However, this will be considered as a suggestion and will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.

Dear Tony

Thank you for your reply.

So the conclusion is that the DJI mini 4 pro in combination with goggles (Integra) and MC2 is actually useless for anything. The DJI mini 4 pro is not designed for FPV and can of course never become a real FPV drone. Conversely, the cinematic capabilities of the drone cannot be exploited because there is no stabilisation function (Rocksteady or export of gyro data).

Too bad for the money I spent on the Goggles Integra/MC2 combo based on the highly praised update of the (at least moderate) FPV possibilities. A very expensive lesson learnt...

3-26 08:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MosquitoPics Posted at 3-26 08:35
Dear Tony

Hi. The Goggles 2/Integra with Motion 2 is used for an immersive flight experience.  If you want to enjoy other photography/cinematography experiences, and intelligent flight modes, we recommend that you use DJI RC 2/N2. We appreciate your understanding.
3-27 01:44
Use props
MosquitoPics
lvl.1
Switzerland

No, I have no understanding! DJI wants to be a pioneer in photography and videography. Cinematic experiences, which should find their fulfilment in scenes.

Yesterday I made videos around a ruined castle. None of the scenes - not one - can be used on film. There is not one stable shot, no matter how hard I try.

I wanted to take the Goggels with me on my upcoming cycling trip. This quality of film footage is not worth an ounce of luggage. The goggles stay at home. What a pity! A pity indeed.
4-1 06:51
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

MosquitoPics Posted at 3-26 08:35
Dear Tony

Conversely, the cinematic capabilities of the drone cannot be exploited because there is no stabilisation function (Rocksteady or export of gyro data).
You are too categorical)
Mini 4 is an excellent drone for cinematic shooting. You just have to learn. I've shot a lot with the Mini 3 and now the Mini 4, they are excellent drones for cinematic photography!
4-1 11:27
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

MosquitoPics Posted at 4-1 06:51
No, I have no understanding! DJI wants to be a pioneer in photography and videography. Cinematic experiences, which should find their fulfilment in scenes.

Yesterday I made videos around a ruined castle. None of the scenes - not one - can be used on film. There is not one stable shot, no matter how hard I try.

Yesterday I made videos around a ruined castle. None of the scenes - not one - can be used on film. There is not one stable shot, no matter how hard I try.
This only means that you do not have piloting and video shooting skills. You don't need glasses for this, and they even get in the way.
4-1 11:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules