DJI mini 4 Pro activetrack max distance limit now is 50m?
465 4 3-24 08:04
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

Today with replacement DJI mini 4 pro i got warning. Interestingly, the previous DJI mini4 pro did not have this limitation.

Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 requires aircraft to stay within a 50m range when tracking. Unable to continue ActiveShots. Fly aircraft closer or reduce speed of tracked subject and try again

Can't run fast enough to track a car or bike. Is this some kind of regime of professional sports. Mountainous terrain also has problems with using a drone with a range limitation.

50m.PNG

3-24 08:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We understand the inconvenience. Based on the requirements for a class C0 Unmanned aircraft system,        
if equipped with a follow-me mode and when this function is on, be in a range not exceeding 50 m from the remote pilot, and make it possible for the remote pilot to regain control of the UA. Please refer to this link: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal- ... =CELEX%3A32019R0945. You can also see it in the manual:

We appreciate your patience and understanding.
3-24 21:06
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Are the no labelled (C0 removed in 2023) mini4pros also affected? On Saturday I've had spotlight on on a object more than 300m away and it was working flawlessly
3-24 23:21
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

@_dji_user_
What are you trying to do exactly? Are you trying to track a passing vehicle? In that case, Active Track is not the right choice. It would be better to use the Spotlight function and fly manually. A limiting factor with these mentioned functions is always the camera, which may not be able to properly recognize the object at greater distances, thus losing it.
3-25 00:54
Use props
kattenbeck.jonas
New
Germany

Did you find a way to work around?
4-16 12:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules