Having trouble getting new upgrade to install
698 4 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

I just tried to install the new upgrade. The aircraft updated without too many problems, but no matter what i try the transmitter will not update. I took it to the dealer and the techs there couldnt get it to work either. The quad still flys ok but i cant access the new features and i still get an update reminder at start up.
2015-9-12
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Are you trying to update the remote to firmware version 1.4.0?
If so, it doesnt need it. Version 1.3.2 is the latest firmware the remote requires.

This is mentioned in the big red stripe at the top of the page where you get the firmware from as well as in the release notes.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
Also make sure you have the latest version of the DJI Go app.

There have been cases where, even thought the bird and controller had the coreect firmware, the functions did not show up.

The mentioned fix was to downgade the bird to 1.3.2 and then redo the update to 1.4.0.  I do not have the link handy for that but I think it was Splooge that gave the guy the instructions.
2015-9-12
Use props
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info. Im still getting the "need to update" message on the startup screen and can't seem to get any of the new functions to show up. I am getting the horrible lag problems that everyone is talking about. Oh well, ill just keep flying carefully until i get it figured out!
2015-9-15
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

El Conquistador Posted at 2015-9-15 10:08
Thanks for the info. Im still getting the "need to update" message on the startup screen and can't s ...

And you DO know that you have to be airborne and manually flip the flight mode switch to F for the new features menu to pop up right?

Not trying to insult you, but so many folks do not seem to realize that is the process.
2015-9-15
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

can you post what model controller you have, its located on the back
2015-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now