Hottest topic Solar Eclipse April 2024 what is the best settings
501 7 3-25 14:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

What is the best settings you think post down below. I saw  my fair share in my Life already of the eclipse, looking through a cardboard box and Pin hole
3-25 14:40
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I don't have a GoPro but I'm surprised that GoPro actually puts out helpful tips about this that and the other, including shooting a solar eclipse with a GoPro:
https://gopro.com/en/us/news/sho ... clipse-with-a-gopro

Why DJI doesn't do articles like this? When I look under "Tutorials & Tips" it's mostly (if not ONLY) users who write them. Seems like DJI only puts out marketing videos and tips on how to buy their equipment. (...unless I'm missing something)
(...I'm guessing they will submit this "idea" to their relevant team for evaluation :-)

Maybe the above GoPro article can be interpreted for the Osmo to more/less extent.
3-25 16:57
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you need a sun filter of some sort to protect the sensor or is that just for cameras?
3-25 22:07
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Bashy Posted at 3-25 22:07
Do you need a sun filter of some sort to protect the sensor or is that just for cameras?

That's only needed if a telephoto lens is used since it will magnify the sun hitting sensor
3-26 05:53
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Fish I would try taking a photo in daylight and then put a bit higher shutter for the timelapse.

If you go by Sunny16 rule for photography, using f/2.8 lens (that OA4 have) you need 1/3200 shutterspeed and ISO 100.
3-26 05:59
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Fish. Have two cameras if you can. One to see the eclipse and the other to video the land. In effect, the sun will just be a white light turning lowly to black so dynamic range of something like that far exceeds what the camera is designed to do. The land changes in a more subtle way and the camera should capture most of it until it's really dark.
We had a total eclipse here in the UK quite a few years back and the weirdest thing about it is how the light around you goes a really odd colour. Kind of silvery. (It also turns really cold for a moment.

Filming the sun on an action cam will make it look quite small and you’ll most likely get a silhouette but it’ll look amazing.

Don’t miss it yourself for a video though! It’s a fantastic experience.
3-26 09:50
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-26 05:53
That's only needed if a telephoto lens is used since it will magnify the sun hitting sensor

Ah, got ya, so really only SLR/DSLR then, thanks, I knew there was sommat
3-26 17:48
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1629364 ft
United States

Ha! Got it!
dji_fly_20240408_133822_811_1712602110653_photo.jpg
4-8 18:55
Use props
Advanced